5: Namkook, Pt. 1

Pairing: Namkook | fluff | no kink
Part: 1 of 2 (?)
Word count: 3490

Something sweet for the sweet tooth. i mean, this ship is cute af
_________________

Jungkook sat upright on the piano seat, hands in his lap. He closed his eyes and drew in a deep breath, lifting his hands over the white keys, finding the exact position immediately. The notes floated out from the instrument had his hands glided over the keyboard. He closed his eyes to the outside world, blocking all his senses except hearing. Hearing the pedals clink against his polished dress shoes. Hearing the fingers sliding over the keys.

The audience sat mesmerized by the young boy who sat at the piano. They were captivated by his piece, his emotions, his appeals. He was no more than sixteen, but his skill was that of a great master. For him, to play a piece was not enough. He had to feel, understand, for it to be meaningful. And once that was achieved, a whole array of different emotions. As a colour pallet is to a painter, he seemed to explain even the most intricate parts of life through a simple melodic phrase.

A roar of approval came as Jungkook rose from his seat. The piece had not been played. A story had been told instead.

The moment he set foot back stage, he was engulfed in an enormous hug by his guardian, eyes damp from tears.

"Oh, oh! Oh! Jungkookie, my little star," she gushed as she plucked the lace handkerchief from her handbag and dabbed the corners of her eyes. His face fell slightly when he was not greeted by his mother's voice.

"Park-nim, please don't hug me so hard. And please do no call me that, it is quite embarrassing, especially in front of everyone."

Jungkook managed to escape his guardian's grasp through the excuse of wanting to change out of his dress clothes into something a little more comfortable. His guardian agreed, only after asking three times if he would need any help, and told him that she would ring up the driver to take them home whenever he was ready. In the changing room, Jungkook successfully untied his shoes and took off his trousers. He almost tripped over himself as he slowly pulled up his comfortable pants, but failing miserably. He started when he felt arms wrapping around his waist. A chin was propped on his right shoulder, and a voice whispered, "Guess who?"

Jungkook sighed with relief when he recognised the voice. "Aish, Namjoon-hyung, please don't scare me like that. I thought you were a robber or something."

Jungkook earned a chuckle as Namjoon pulled away. "You played well today. What did you think of it?"

Jungkook thought about his answer as he carefully folded his trousers. "There is always need for improvement."

Namjoon huffed. "I didn't ask for a philosophical statement, pabo. I asked about what you thought!" He reiterated, placing unnecessary emphasis on the word 'you' this time. Jungkook said nothing as he focused on putting his socks on. Namjoon watched intently as the younger boy struggled to find the heel.

"Hey, let me help," Namjoon murmured as he approached him. Jungkook pouted and remained silent, tossing his socks in Namjoon's general direction, one at a time. Namjoon chuckled. "Ah, see what bad taste you have? Your socks don't even match. No wonder your mother had to employ that stylist girl."

Jungkook kicked Namjoon in the chest, almost knocking the wind out of him. "Yaaa! You know I wouldn't be able to tell," he murmured quietly.

Namjoon shook his head at his younger friend as he pulled the sock onto his foot. He did the same for the other. Namjoon also ended up helping Jungkook get out of his stiff dress shirt and bowtie. Jungkook felt quite useless as he sat on the mini couch in the dressing room, while his friend three years his senior dressed him.