No More Surprises

Astrid stood outside her balcony waiting for sunrise. They were to leave for NSA in two days, locking herself in her room she has done her part of the bargain while her father and Uncle Rhaumwald had left to search for Derek.

"Hey..."

"Hey..." not at all surprise to hear him as early as dawn.

"I was checking on you and saw your bed empty."

"I couldn't sDamienp." She sighs.

"You ok?"

She turns to face her twin brother and forces a smile and nods.

"You do know I'm your twin right?" he grins, "I pretty much know when you are lying or not."

"I'm just worried." Astrid admits. "Father was right, this is my fault. I shouldn't have gone and pulled you in this mess."

"You didn't, if I remember it correctly we pretty much begged and blackmailed you to take us."

She snickered, "I should have stood my ground."

Ash sighed standing beside her. "Derek is fine, he's strong and smart."

"The captors should be calling by now." Astrid crosses her arms over he chest. "It's the twenty four hour rule, if you are to ransom your victim call as soon as possible before authorities are informed. He had seen his captors, he fought with them. They could kill him in revenge of killing the heir and his brothers."

"Hey, look at me..." he reached for her hand and made her face him, "You were protecting yourself and us when you killed those men, its natural instinct."

"But-"

"The last time I heard people from that world would prefer getting killed by the Angel." He grins.

Astrid shook her head with a laugh. "Those days are over brother. Right now I'm a walking bank account."

"How much is it today?" he asks, letting her go and leaning on the safety rails, still facing me.

She smirks, "30 Billion."

He whistles, "Wow, I guess I can't really blame them now."

Astrid snorts, "I don't even know where the house will get that money, if anyone succeeds, I'm pretty sure there will be more deaths."

"What do you mean?"

"The House of Duchovny may be deadly but it does have its high points for their assassins." She explains, "Like for every kill 80% of the earning will be for the assassin the 20 is for the house. Money's worth of work, some houses don't even give half of the money to their assassins, sometimes they don't even see their pay."

"So you bought those cars and the house with that money?"

"Yup." She says. "I think I'm good until three generations down."

"You have got to be kidding..."

"Unlike the assassins I lived with I had no social life, whatever I needed for an assignment it was provided by the house."

"Well, I guess you can call those cars investments." He thought.

"Yeah," she grins, "Of course I can also call it gifts for you guys, but I don't think you'd like it that much."

"Are you kidding?!" his eyes widens, "I'll be stupid if I don't like it."

She laughs and nods, "I know the feeling."