Chapter 1:Lovesick Teacher

A/N: Something more lighthearted than my usual works. Sorry if the humor part is TERRIBLE, and you just want to throw your computer out the window because of it. ;)

My mom must have really despised me when she gave birth to me, because she immediately scribbles Cracker down as my first name on my birth certificate.

You know how all pregnant people get huge cravings for a certain type of food? Well, turns out my mom's craving was crackers. Thus, my name...

"Cracker!"

There it is. My HORRIBLE first name.

"Cracker! Cracker! Cracker,"croaks my dumb parrot continuously.

"Shut up!?!"I scream, instantly sitting up to glare daggers at it.

"Shut up! Shut up! Shut up,"my bird begins to imitate.

Why would I buy a parrot, you're probably wondering. Well, I didn't. My darling mother did as a birthday gift. Another way to prove she completely hates me! I mean, really? A PARROT! Why couldn't my mom have bought me a normal present. Like...shoes, OR a lapto--

"Cracker,"someone--this time my mom--shouts,"Hurry up! You're gonna be late for your first day of school."

Oh crap! What time is it?

My head whips to the right to glance at my digital clock.

8:45 flashes in bright red..which means 15 minutes to get ready for school...

My inner voice:You can't be late. It's the first day of sophomore year for petesake! C'mon, get your fat ass out of the bed, Cracker! That's right, move it. Brush your teeth. Faster, faster, faster! Perfect. Grab your bag and skip breakfast.

Me:But...BREAKFAST? WHY!?!

My inner voice: Maybe you should have thought about that earlier instead of watching T.V. like there was no tomorrow.

Me:You suck!

                                                                            ***

I rush through the double doors of my high school, chestnut hair swishing from side to side and whipping my tan face pretty darn hard.

Finally!

The entrance to my first period classroom appears. English with Ms. Kamon.

Pushing through the door, I entered breathless and gasping for air in front of the whole class, looking disheveled and--quite frankly--homeless.

"What is the cause for such a nuisance, Ms. Cohen?"questions Ms. Kamon, my English teacher, who lives off of oversized sweatshirts and ancient sneakers.

"U--uhh,"I begin to stutter,"Got hit by a car in the parking lot?"

"Tough luck,"states Ms. Kamon,"Sit down."

No sympathy at all for a student who could have possibly gotten hit, for real, by a car. I mean, honestly, TOUGH LUCK? Crazy.

"Yes, ma'am,"I mutter before finding a vacant seat.

Front row...Oh great! Note:sarcasm. 

                                                                         ***

To put it short, the rest of class was boring. So, when FINALLY, the bell rings to signal the end of class, I feel like jumping up with joy. 

The whole class, along with me, starts rushing out the doo--

"Wait! Ms. Cohen, come back right now,"yells my maniac of a teacher.

Ugghhh! There goes my freedom...

"Detention RIGHT after school. Be here!"

WHY!?! All because I'm late, and for the FIRST day of school. I guess Ms. Kamon just enjoys picking on students who have been in her class twice in a row.

                                                                 ***

Ding! Ding! Ding!

"Alright, class is over," my biology teacher, Mr. Todd, announces, causing a stampede of students, including me,  to rush out the door.

I'm heading over to the parking lot when I realize I have detention...with Ms. Kamon.

Okay then... Now redirecting path towards my first period classroom.

                                                                                 ***

"Sit down right now, Ms.Cohen,"says Ms. Kamon, a.k.a. Satan.

Trying to defy Ms. Kamon's orders, I stand near the doorway for about two minutes, before finally taking a seat in the very back(not that it matters, since ALL the seats are empty). Childish, I know...But what can I say? That's just me.

Once I sit down, I take out my black and white notebook and pencil case from their cozy spot in my backpack amongst the heavy textbooks and other school supplies. I open the bland notebook--which I really need to decorate--and start scribbling random words aimlessly. That is, until I hear Ms. Kamon's voice directed at me.

"So...Mr.Todd...He's your biology teacher for last period, right?"asks Ms. Kamon, while twirling a strand of her frizzy blonde hair around one of her fingers.

How the heck does she know that!?! I mean, it's not as if I wear a name tag that says 'I'm in Mr.Todd's last period biology class. Feel free to waste my time by asking me questions about him.' No, I DON'T, so how in cracker covered parrots, did she know that? Oh. My. Goodness. Ms. Kamon has a crush on Mr. Todd.

Without thinking, I voice my thoughts out loud. "You have a crush on Mr. Todd."

She blushes a deep scarlet, before answering dejectedly. "Yes, but I doubt Mr. Todd would ever remotely think of me in the same way I think about him. I mean, I think I love him."

Whoa! She loves him? Crazy! Like I said before. And I agree with her. I doubt Mr. Todd would ever be interested. Though...maybe with a few adjustments, she might have a chance...

"I can help you,"I state, once gain without thinking it over.

"Really?"she asks, bewildered.

"I--I guess,"I stutter, examining her at the same time.

"How?"

"Just meet me here Friday after school,"I tell her more confidently.

Right then, the timer rings, which means my time in detention is over. With no time to lose, I pack up and sprint out the door. 

Finally, I make it out to my car, and start the engine. I begin to drive away, the school's sign passing by. Then, all my thoughts hit me at once.

What have I just gotten myself into? And honestly, how am I even supposed to help? A makeover? Yeah, right. I'd need to make over everything about Ms. Kamon.

Out of the frying pan and into the fire.