Chapter 2:Interruptions

My life was seriously taking a turn for the worst. Four days ago, I got detention all because I was late for the FIRST day of school. And lately, I have been missing my beauty sleep because I'm staying up all night, thinking about my sad, sad dilemma:I have to fix Ms. Kamon up with Mr. Todd, my biology teacher, and I have NO dating experience whatsoever. But, it just got me thinking.

If I could help Ms. Kamon be with the man of her dreams, Mr. Todd(EEEEWWWW! Gag me!), then, at least, I would be saving one poor girl from the depressing world of singleness. And just think. Today, Ms. Kamon, but tomorrow...single girls EVERYWHERE!!! Okay...I might be over-exaggerating a little, but still...

And, I could be referred to as The Matchmaker.

I sighed dreamily at the occupation name.

Sadly, life is very, VERY cruel. I blame it on karma.

Ever since my old friend Bethany invited me to one of her church's services and I may have---ACCIDENTALLY of course---put a booger on the Bible, life has been very hard. Take the fact that even though I'm clearly AMAZING, no boy has ever asked me out on a date. Strange, right?

Anyways, back to the matter at hand:I was interrupted amidst my daydreams...by my mother.

"Cracker, what is the matter with you?" my mother began to scold, "Get up! It's already ten past eleven and you're still in bed. Stop watching those T.V. shows for petesake, Crackers! I swear, if you do not---"

"Okay, okay, okay, Mom," I interrupted," I got it. I'll try to stop watching T.V. so late. Blah, blah, blah."

"Don't you interrupt me again, Missy!"

Oh no! I have just provoked my mother into letting out the 'beast' within her. I swear, she has the ability to make grown men cry!

"---If you think you can just use that attitude with me, you've got another thing coming! Right now, Cracker! Get up!"

"Yes ma'am," I saluted mockingly before seeing my mother grit her teeth frustratedly. Oops! Bad sign..."Sorry, sorry, sorry!" I apologized frantically.

My mom started to cool off and regain her usual composed demeanor. Whew!

"Alright," she said seriously, "Apology accepted---"

"Thank you, thank you, thank you,"I repeated graciously. Shoot! I just interrupted my mother AGAIN! "Sorry," I quickly added with a sheepish grin.

She just chuckled a bit and went straight back to continuing her speech. "As I was about to say, your brother, Tom---"I know what you're thinking...My parents name me CRACKERS, but my brother gets a regular name like Tom---"is coming home from Afghanistan."

"Wait. He's coming home?"I squealed excitedly.

"Yes, he is sweetie," my mother replied just as excitedly. "Now, I have to go get prepared, so I'll be seeing you downstairs later."

And with that, my mother left the room, leaving me deep in my thoughts.

Tom was finally coming home, after so many years serving in the army. I was going to see him again! With that thought in mind, I squealed with joy and fell back on my bed.

Then, the shrill voice of my parrot broke through my happiness. I was wondering when that dang parrot was going to wake up...