Chapter 8:Shopping With a Rookie

Friday came faster than I imagined, and it was finally time for our ultimate shopping trip with...drum roll...Ms. Kamon, my crazy nutcase of an English teacher. This would be a huge challenge, since Ms. Kamon had no sense of fashion WHATSOEVER!

"Cracker!" wailed Danon."Can I please drive there, and you be the passenger?"

"No,"I said firmly, unwilling to change my mind. "I'm driving, and you are going to SIT."

"But, why?" Danon asked, giving me a pout.

"The last time I lent you my car to drive, you came back with a HUGE scratch on the door," I said matter of factly.

"B-But, that wasn't ME. That was the dog," Danon said, coming up with an excuse.

"And why exactly would an innocent little poodle named Puffy Purpee scratch my car?" I interrogated. "Your dog wouldn't hurt a soul, especially not my car."

"U-Uh, It wasn't Puffy..." Danon trailed off. "It was Puffy's cousin, Pippi."

"Yeah, right. Do you really think I'm that stupid?" I retorted. "And plus, we're already here."

And that was the honest truth. We were there.

My eyes took in the sight before me: a beautiful two story Victorian house.

Dark shingles covered the roof of the house, which was painted a Renwick Heather. Meanwhile, luscious shrubs of an assortment of green shades surrounded it. There were gorgeous bright purple hydrangeas, along with the state's official flower, poppies.

Then, the door of the Victorian house opened, revealing Ms. Kamon, who had her frizzy curls in two messy piggy tails. She was wearing baggy dark blue overalls over a simple white t-shirt and some faded leather combat boots with rhinestone studs.

She really DID have no fashion sense at all.

                                                The day just might be longer than I thought...

                                                                          ***

I parked my red ford escape in front of the mall entrance, and all three of us hopped out of the car and went inside. Thankfully, Ms. Kamon had agreed to pay for her own new wardrobe, leaving us only the expense of having to search for the perfect look.

We went into more than a dozen clothing shops, each time shoving clothes at Ms. Kamon and forcing her to try them out in the stalls.

"What about this one?" Ms. Kamon asked, stepping from behind the curtain to show us the outfit: a striped 3/4 sleeve boat neck tee, stretch Jacquard pants, and a pair of Perrin Faux suede wedge pumps.

"Perfect," commented Danon." Let's add them to the pile."

I took an identical outfit and placed it in our shopping cart. The cart was already overflowing with clothes.

"I think that's enough clothes, you guys,"I said, dragging my eyes down the huge pile of clothes in the cart again."Let's go to the checkout."

"Awww. But why?"Danon complained.

"Because I said so,"I answered her.

"Wet blanket,"Danon mumbled under her breath.

"Heard that!"I said, glaring at Danon.

"W-what?'she stuttered, blushing profusely and avoiding my glare.

I just laughed at her in response, earning myself a glare from her this time.