Chapter 1

A teenager sat alone at a table in a cafe, a half empty cup of coffee in front of him. A TV was playing from behind the counter, a teenage girl at the register. The smell of coffee beans filled the air, a mild chattering buzzing from the other customers. The boy leaned his head back, revelling in the sunlight streaming through the clear window he sat next to. His eyes opened once again, focusing on the television now. He could vaguely hear the voice of a reporter coming from the speakers. His keen senses could make out what she was saying. She stood in front of a half destroyed building, debris and rubble littering the ground behind her and clouds of dust sifting through the air.

"-here at the Rockefeller Center, where the Avengers have struck again. After apprehending the criminals, and destroying a good portion of one of the buildings, they fled the scene, just as they have many times before; disappearing off the face of the earth. Where have they gone? No one knows, but it is certain that they will come again-" The boy snorted softly, his sea green eyes moving away from the screen. He picked up his paper cup and drained the contents in a few big gulps. He then noticed the number written on the cup, with the name Holly underneath it. He rolled his eyes, putting the cup down and standing up. He walked out of the little cafe, the soft breeze now pulling at his already messy black hair. He put his hands in his hoodie pockets and started walking down the street. He was somewhere in America. From all his travelling, he barely remembered where he was anymore. It had all become a blur of countries to him.

He felt a tingling sensation run through his body and he knew it was his sixth sense warning him of something. But he didn't break his stride, or lose his calm composure. He glanced over slightly at a shop window, looking at the reflection rather than the contents of the store. A man and a woman, both wearing dark suits, sunglasses and earpieces, were following behind him. So obvious. His eyes scanned over the street, pausing on a group of tourists on the other side of the road. He picked out another two agents, both decked in Hawaiian shirts, shorts and sandals. Another he found wearing a tracksuit, a phone held against her ear as she pretended to speak. Percy wanted to scoff at their weak attempts of disguises, especially since all three had their hands resting on their hidden gun holsters. A glint of silver caught his attention from the second floor of a building further ahead of him. When he looked closer, he could see the barrel of a gun peeking out of the open window. A sniper. He located another two snipers in the buildings around him. There was an alley a few metres ahead of him, which he assumed another few agents were waiting. An ambush.

He stopped, his face blank now. He could tell that all of the agents were tensing, reaching for their concealed guns. He took out his cell phone and plugged in his earphones. The two following him advanced slowly, trying to be stealthy. He scrolled through the songs, pressing his finger on Fallout Boy's 'My songs know what you did in the dark'. The Nightstep version of the song started playing in his ears, blocking out the sounds of anything else around him. He looked up, remaining relaxed as the first man pulled out a gun-a standard Glock 19-and put it behind his head. The agent's finger pulled the trigger.

Be careful making wishes in the dark, dark

He ducked under it, whirling around before the man could comprehend what had happened, grabbing the mans wrist and and striking at his elbow, making him drop the weapon with a pained cry.

Can't be sure when they've hit their mark

He spun on his heel, delivering a sharp elbow strike to the other person's temple, a woman, followed by a punch to the back of her neck, downing her immediately.

And besides in the mean-meantime I'm just dreaming of tearing you apart

The three agents in disguises ran towards them, guns now in their hands.