Chapter 6

Sorry about the wait, guys. My life's just been hectic at the moment, and I've been going through some stuff... But hey, you're not here for authors notes or me complaining about things, so on with the chapter. Sorry again, everyone.

-

Tony had spent the past sixteen hours searching for Perseus Jackson. He had scoured the streets of Manhattan, scanned every single building he had come across, he had even resorted to hacking into street cameras to find any hint of the fugitive. And what did that accomplish?

Nothing.

Zilch.

Nada.

A big, fat, disappointing bowl of nothing cereal.

"FRIDAY, scan the perimeter for any-"

"Again, sir?" Came her voice, sounding almost... Concerned? He couldn't tell. Probably because he hadn't really been paying attention to that, his eyes flickering around and thoughts far away. Or perhaps even because he needed some sleep.

Woah.

Sleep?

Pfft, what's sleep?

"Yes, again." He responded, a heavy sigh escaping his lips. He had to try again. After all, Perseus couldn't have vanished without a trace. He had to be somewhere. But then again, he'd never seen anyone actually do that before. Even Reindeer Games wasn't able to teleport like that.... Was he? Well if he was, he had never witnessed it.

"There are no signs of anyone who matches Perseus in the vicinity." She answered after a few moments. The same responses as earlier. Just great. He pushed himself to fly faster, the sounds of his repulsors surprisingly quiet to his ears. Probably because he had been hearing it for hours on end now.

"Alright, then-"

"Mr. Stark!"

"Jesus fu-" Tony just managed to catch himself in time, already able to hear Pepper admonishing him for almost swearing in front of the red and blue hero that had seemingly appeared out of thin air. "Kid, what are you doing here?" He asked, glancing at him momentarily. He was swinging around like a Christmas themed monkey next to him, somehow managing to keep up with him with every web that he shot.

"Well, I just saw you in the neighborhood and I thought you might be on some kind of superhero business so I thought you might need some help with whatever you're doing." His young, chirpy voice answered, not at all phased by the fact that he was practically dangling fifty meters in the air without a metal suit to protect him like he had. Just some webs that he had made himself. Sometimes it dumbfounded Tony just how talented this high-schooler was. It also dumbfounded him how he could just spout off a sentence like that without even taking a breath in between. "You do need some help, right? I mean-I'm sure you don't, but I could help anyway! Like I did in Germany, Mr. Stark!"

God he's so peppy. How can someone be so cheerful about everything?

"Uh... Look, kid," Tony started off, mentally looking for a way to let the kid down gently. "I'm looking for someone dangerous. Reeeeaaaally dangerous. And it doesn't involve you. So why don't you just go back home and spend the rest of the day with your hot aunt?" He looked back towards him again, practically able to see the pout through his mask.