Chapter 3 - Korbin

Chapter Three

*Korbin's POV*

I sat at back of the classroom alone. Rylan and Evelyn were sitting in the row in front of me. I stared out of the window thinking about what Rylan had told me yesterday.

Kylie is coming back.

She's coming back to New Oak. I repeated to myself. Memories of her started filling up my mind. The times where we hang out together, the times when we looked into each other eyes while lying on my bed, the times we ran around the front yard. Her eyes, her nose, her lips, her hair, her smile, and most importantly, her scent.

Her scent.

Her scent.

I placed my hand on my chest and clenched it tightly as I felt the same sensation that something was trying to break out.

'Kyle.' I said in my mind. I could feel his urge to come out and take control. 'What's wrong?'

'She's here.' He growled out lowly.

I scanned around the classroom and walkways. 'No. She's not here. Even if she's here, you won't get near to her.'

'NO!' He roared loudly in my mind.

'We will not hurt her.' I said calmly. Not again.

'I WILL NEVER HURT HER! SHE'S MY MATE! OUR MATE!' He snapped at me.

'You already did. We already did.' I closed my eyes briefly as I recalled the last memory I had of her. She was laying underneath my paws as her blood seeped from the wound on her neck and shoulder.

Kyle snarled unhappily as he saw the memories I played in our mind for him. I gripped the edge of the table tightly as I felt his anger rising.

"Korbin?" I looked up to see Rylan and Evelyn staring at me worriedly. Gasps can be heard the moment I lifted my head.

"Kor-... Kyle?" Rylan called uncertainly.

"I'm going to the washroom." My voice came out low and hoarse. As I marched to the washroom, students along way immediately stepped aside and some quickly ran off in a different direction.

"Get out." I commanded when I stepped into the washroom. Their eyes widened in fear and scurried off without a word. Even those who were half way through their business, they didn't bother to finish it and ran off like they saw a monster.

A monster.

Yes. A monster.

I stood in front of the mirror and looked at my current state. The red eyes boy in the mirror was staring at me.

He is me.

I am him.

I growled out in frustration as I held the basin for support.

'Korbin.' A gentle voice rang in my mind. It was as though she knew that there was something not right with me.

'Mum.' I cried out and not bothering to hide the pain in my voice.

I yelled out loud as I raised my fist and connected it to the mirror, smashing it into tiny pieces.

'Mum, I want to go home now.' I said.

'Alright. Be careful on your way back. I will be at home, waiting for you.' She answered and did not question me for ditching the rest of my lessons.

I went back to my classroom and packed my bag. The teacher didn't bother to stop me because since she was in the same pack as me, she knew my situation. She smiled slightly and gave me a brief nod when I looked at her.