Chapter 12 - Kylie

This story will have officially 17 chapters, 1 epilogue + some bonus scenes!

============================================================

Chapter Twelve

*Kylie's POV*

I stood in front of the camp fire, with Evelyn linking her arms around mine. Our principle was giving his opening speech for New Oak High School's 25th-anniversary celebration.

My eyes darted around and tried to search for him. Rylan had said that Korbin won't be joining us but I was just hoping that he would change his mind. He was just probably running late. Korbin had been ignoring me all week. Some of the days, he wouldn't even attend school. I wanted to see him so badly.

I turned to look towards Evelyn when I felt a nudge at my side. She smiled sadly at me. "Let's go and grab some food first?"

I nodded her, "Ok." I took a last scanned around the field before following Evelyn to the back of the field where all the big white tents were located. There were food stalls and game stalls located under the tents.

"Hey, ladies!!" Our head snapped around and saw Wyatt waving at us. Wyatt was the senior of New Oak High School.

"Here's some food for the ladies." He said as he scooped some rice and meat on the plates and passed it to us.

"There are cakes at the next tent." He said and pointed to the tent next to his.

"Go and have some when you finished your main meal." Wyatt was the only child of Auntie Madison and Uncle Alexander. He didn't have any sisters or brothers by blood. Therefore, he treated us like his sisters and he loved to take care of us, just like a big brother.

"Sure. Remember to have your dinner too." I reminded. Otherwise, he would probably be too busy serving others and forget his own meal. Evelyn and I walked towards a random table and sat down to eat our food.

"How's you and Korbin?" Evelyn asked after taking a few bites of her food.

I kept silence for a few moments as I took my fork and started poking my food. A slip of tear escaped from my eye as I heaved out a sigh. "I don't know."

I lifted my head and looked at her. "I seriously don't know, Evelyn."

"He is just afraid that he might hurt you." Evelyn smiled gently. "And I know he would never ever want to hurt you again. The first time was enough for him."

"W-What? What does that mean?" I stared at Evelyn in shock.

Evelyn reached out for my hand and held it gently. "You are so important to him. So much more that you could ever imagine. We would never want to hurt someone who is dearly to us. At least not intentionally."

I held my neck and traced over my scar when I saw Evelyn laid her eyes on my neck. "Is there something that I needed to know? Because I'm starting to feel that everybody is hiding something from me."

Evelyn looked at me genuinely and asked, "Kylie, do you trust Korbin?"

I was about to reply when Evenlyn cut me off. "No. Let me rephrase. Will you trust Korbin again? Can you trust him again?"

"I have never doubted him. I have always trusted him." I said firmly. Evelyn walked over and hugged me gently.

"Evelyn?" I asked when she didn't say anything.

"Please be happy." She whispered into my ears.

I stood up worriedly when I saw tears streaming down her face. "What's wrong? Why are you crying?"