Chapter 8 - Kylie

Chapter Eight

*Kylie's POV*

I stared at the pudding on my hand with a light smile on my face. Ever since I found out that he had eaten the pudding I gave him, I decided to give him every single day. In school, I would put it inside his bag. During weekends, I would make an effort to wake up early and head to his house. Korbin would usually wake up at 8 during weekends. I told Auntie Hailey that I wanted to do this for him so she would let me into the house at 7 am.

But this day, while I was heading to his house, I was being accompanied by two other wolves. Without any warning, they emerged from the bushes and the brown one growled at me beforw he lunged at me. I had yet to experience my first shift. I was currently a defenseless human.

Save me. Someone please save me. Korbin, save me.

I screamed out loud as the brown wolf pinned me to the ground and his claws scratched across my shoulder. The wolf growled fiercely at me as he snapped his canines at me. Black shadows started clouding up my mind as I saw blur images flashing across my mind.

"Korbin, NO!!" A powerful black wolf with a little tint of white at the tip of his fur had me on the ground.

"Kor-bin." I whispered weakly.

Pain erupted from my shoulder blade as I felt my skin ripped opened.

I screamed out loud and scurried backwards till my back hit the tree trunk. I went into a daze as I recalled what I had just seen. It felt so real but I couldn't understand any of it. It didn't make any sense. What was that? I was so engrossed in my own thoughts that I didn't realize the wolf hovering above me was already nowhere near me.

"Kyle! Stop!" I snapped out from my thoughts when I heard someone shouted desperately. I turned around to see Auntie Hailey yelling urgently. I shifted my gaze and my attention fell on them. There was a large black wolf growling angrily as it tore the two wolves apart mercilessly.

What...? What was going on?

"Kor-bin?" I looked at the scene in front of me and whispered his name uncertainly. The big wolfy's head snapped to me almost immediately when I said the name. I stood up from the ground with my wobbly legs and took a few steps forward. I wanted to go to him as I felt it was the right thing to do. But I couldn't hide my fear when I saw those (now dead) wolves. They were so... torn apart. The black wolf shifted away from them and came nearer to me.

The moment he shifted back, I moved up to him. "Are you hurt anywhere?"

There was blood on his face, his hands, and his chest. It was practically everywhere. I got so worried about him getting hurt that I ended checking everywhere. I ended blushing as I saw what I wasn't supposed to see. I quickly looked away and stared up at him.

"Korbin, put on your pants. We are heading home. I have informed Jayden about this and he will send some pack members to come and clear their bodies." Uncle Brayden came over and gave Korbin his pants.

"Go and take a shower." Aunt Hailey said as we stepped into the house. "Kylie will be safe here with me."

"I will wait for you." I said reassuringly.

"Kylie, come over here. Let's apply some medicine on your shoulder." Aunt Hailey signaled me to the long sofa in the living room. I sat down beside her as she gently helped me to apply the ointment.

"Ok. Done." Auntie Hailey declared with a smile on her face. "Are you hurt in other places?"

"No. I'm fine. Thank you, Auntie Hailey." I said sincerely.