Chapter 14 - Kylie

This chapter is more of a filler?

==============================================================

Chapter Fourteen – Kylie

*Kylie's POV*

"I'm here!" Auntie Hailey walked up to the porch and stood in front of us. Us included me, Mia, Evelyn, mum, Aunty Madison, Aunty Chloe and Luna Madelynn.

"Is Korbin coming with us?" I looked behind Aunty Hailey when I heard Luna Madelynn asked.

"Noooo." Auntie Hailey dragged her answer with a goofy smile on her face as she looked at me and Korbin, who was standing behind her.

"He came to see someone~" Auntie Hailey sang as she came to me and placed her hand on my back.

"Go on." She pushed me slightly towards Korbin's direction.

I stumbled towards Korbin and almost lost my balance. I lifted my head up and looked at him when I felt his arms around my waist to prevent me from falling.

I smiled shyly at him and quickly looked away. I could feel my cheeks burning hot as I felt his intense gaze on me.

Ever since that night, that kiss, something between us had changed. Something was growing between us. But every now and then, Korbin's eyes would reflect a tint of sadness and fear. I didn't understand those emotions he was having. I didn't ask either. Because I was afraid if I asked, he would push me away again. I didn't want that.

I lifted my head slowly as I felt his fingers brushing past my hair.

"Are you coming with us?" I asked softly.

He shook his head slightly and said, "Go and have fun."

"Okay." I nodded reluctantly and didn't bother to hide my disappointment. He pushed me closer to him and he held me gently in his arms. I wrapped my arms around his waist and rested my head against his chest, enjoying the comfort he was giving me.

He buried his face into my hair as he tightened his hold on me. After a few minutes, he released me reluctantly and he took a step away from me. He looked at me with pain flashing across his eyes but he quickly masked it away.

"Go on. They are waiting for you." He said.

"Are you sure you don't want to come with us?" I asked again

He took a step forward and planted a light kiss on my forehead. "I'll see you tonight at your birthday celebration."

I nodded, "Okay."

"Let's go, Kylie!" Auntie Madison shouted excitedly. I took a brief glance at Auntie Madison and when I turned back, he was gone.

I walked over to them and climbed into the 7-seater car.

Tonight, when the clock strikes twelve, my birthday will arrive. I will shift and gain my wolf. I will find my mate. But why... don't I feel happy at all?

As Luna Madelynn started the engine and drove off, I turned around and looked towards the direction Korbin had left. All I saw was trees and empty spaces. I turned back and noticed Auntie Hailey who was sitting beside the driver seat, was looking at me through the rear mirror. She gave me a comforting smile as if she knew what I was thinking.

We drove a few miles away from the city.

"Here we are!" Luna Madelynn announced cheerfully as she parked the car into one of the lots.

"Wah! The mall is so big!" Mia exclaimed joyfully and held my hands tightly. Evelyn came up to us and stood beside me.

"Ever since you guys came back, we have yet to bring you all around." The 3 of us turned around when we heard Aunty Chloe's voice. She looked at me and smile, "Since your birthday is tonight, I guess this would be the right time to shop."