3회

I arrived in class right as the bell rang. Everyone was already in their seats.

As they turned their heads in unison to look at me, I felt a feeling that I had come to know all too well in this class;

The feeling of everyone's eyes on me.

My tendency to cry at night had left me with a bright red face and eyes puffed up like balloons that I had no choice but to expose to the world.

First period Korean class, aka having to face the epitome of my hatred first thing in the morning, was the second worst part of my school days.

I rushed to take my seat, hoping to make my not-so-red carpet entrance as short as it could be so they could avert their attention to anything else.

Thankfully, I felt less like a zoo animal that was under examination when I got to my seat. Mrs. Lee started to begin the lesson, and everyone had seemed to be focusing on her now.

"Hey Eric," Cooed Jaebum. "I didn't know you were a transformer."

"What?" I asked, confused.

"But Eric," He continued, "a tomato is kind of a lame thing to transform into."

He made a waving motion around his face.

Was he calling me a tomato?

I scoffed, pretending to shake off the comment.

Further into the lecture I found myself trying to cover my face with my hair, Jaebum's comment making me even more self conscious about its state. I hoped that if I could cover it up casually enough, then people would not take a second glance at me.

Unfortunately, the act didn't work in my favor when Mrs. Lee took it as my effort to cover up the fact that I was asleep.

Mrs. Lee crossed her arms. "Erica, are you sleeping in my class?"

"No." I quickly replied.

"That's minus fifteen participation points for you. I will not tolerate any form of sleeping in this classroom."

-

"Yikes," Said Jaebum, approaching me after we were released. "Looks like someone's failing this class."

"Leave me alone." I murmured, moving to walk past him. He moved his body so he was in front of me, blocking my way.

"Face it Eric," Jaebum smirked. "You need me."

"What?"

"To tutor you."

I crossed my arms in and snorted disbelief. "And what would you get from that?"

Jaebum tapped his finger on his chin, pretending to seriously contemplate the question. "You have to beg."

I gave him a look.

"-And give me a discount whenever I go to Starbuck's."

"I can't do that! I'd have to take the money straight from my paycheck and I'm only payed minimum wage!" I argued, frustrated.

"Tough luck!" Jaebum said sarcastically, "Guess you'll just have to live with that F."

I scowled at him. "You are such a douchebag."

"And you clearly don't want my help." Jaebum replied. "So," He turned towards the door.

Before I could stop myself, I found my hands reaching out for his arm.

He looked back at me with a smug smile as my hands came in contact with him. I wanted to slap it off of his face.

Swallowing my anger for the better sake of my grade-point average, I gave him an innocent look. "The thing is... I really could use some, um, help."

"What was that?" Jaebum asked.

"Can you please tutor me?" I blurted.

"Let me think about it."  Jaebum teased.

I glared at him. "Please?"

"Alright alright," He put his hands up defensively. "I'll do it."

I sighed in content. "Okay, I can meet you after school today in the library and we can plan out the rest of the details?"

"Sure, Eric."