4회

I looked up at the clock in the corner of the room for the eighth time.

It was 3:40, twenty minutes after Jaebum was supposed to have met me in the library, and and my patience was hanging by a thread.

There was a limit to the amount of glances and laughs that someone could take towards them while sitting alone in a library, and twenty minutes of it was more than past mine.

My eyes went to the doors, checking to see if Jaebum was there to put me out of my misery.

It was then that I realized: Jaebum was a complete douchebag. He lived for making a fool of people. Why would he ever actually help someone, let alone me, for any reason?

My naïvety was epic.

He wasn't coming and he never had the intention to in the first place, it was my fault for waiting.

I let out an incredulous sigh and started closing my neatly spread out books.

After my things were successfully shoved back into my backpack, I made my way out of the library.

I was strolling through the parking lot, halfway to my car when I noticed a tall figure leaned against the vehicle next to mine.

It couldn't be.

I got closer and sure enough, there he was. Im Jaebum, making out with an unidentifiable brunette who he had pinned against the side of a red jeep.

He had ditched me for a make out session. A makeout session. In a parking lot.

I wanted to scream.

I took a deep breath to calm myself down, but the act worked against me when a drop of saliva caught in my throat and I started choking.

Not able to breathe, I started pounding on my chest with my fist.

My violent hacking noises must have been bothersome, for the couple quickly broke apart to look at me with annoyed expressions.

The girl scoffed. Jaebum moved his arm so he was shielding his eyes from the sun.

"Eric?" Asked Jaebum, squinting at me.

Caught off guard, I did the only thing I could think to do. I ran.

Before he could say another word, I took off at light speed towards my car and tumbled into it.

I immediately shoved my keys in, started the car and let out one last cough before getting the hell out of there.