6회

I took my seat in Chemistry, still slightly red in my cheeks from lunch.

"Okay class, attention please."

I shifted my eyes to the front of the front of the room, only for them to be met by Mateo, who was standing awkwardly next to my teacher.

Oh my god, I thought. It couldn't be.

"This is Mateo, he is going to be joining us for the rest of the semester." My teacher motioned towards the boy next to him, who smiled at the class.

It took all of my might not to stand up and start screaming with happiness. I finally had a chance to interact with Mateo! My long four years of waiting had come to a glorious end.

My legs shook in anticipation as the teacher decided where to seat him.

My eyes wandered to the empty seat directly next to mine. Its presence was egging on my excitement, as I knew that the odds of Mateo filling its place were extremely high.

I rested my face in my palms, imagining him in that seat, turning to me for help and grinning at me with his perfect lips.

I let out a lustful sigh.

I was pushed out of my thoughts when my teacher started to speak to Mateo, "You'll need to focus hard to be able to get on track with the rest of the class, so how about you take Sarah's spot here at the front of the room." He pointed towards a female student who was seated in the furthest possible seat away from me.

"Sarah, I'm gonna let Mateo take your seat. You can go sit in the empty spot next to Erica."

Great.