Chapter 12

Harry didn't leave the hospital, he just grabs a chair and sits right outside Jo's room and thinks about everything she said to him. Once again he felt like a total ass. Not once had he ever asked her how her husband died, hell he'd had the perfect opportunity to when he told her about Tiffany, but for some reason even then he didn't want to hear about her past relationship with someone other than him. About that time he heard the door beside him open, he looked up and saw Jamie walk out.

"Why has mom been crying?" He asks Harry calmly.

Harry lays his head back against the wall behind him and sighs. "She told me about your dad's death. I didn't know, I'm sorry."

"Fuck." Jamie snapped and started pacing. "She seriously told you how it happened?" He asked Harry. At his nod, Jamie shook his head. "Unfucking believable, she has never talked about that. Ever. To anyone. Not even me or Ryan, yeah we know." Jamie rants as he paces. "The other guys that were there told us, warning us just in case she had a break down or something, but she has never spoke about it."

Harry was surprised at the words coming out of Jamie's mouth. "Well, don't feel so bad, she probably wouldn't have said anything to me if I hadn't pissed her off."

Jamie just shot him a "are you kidding me look". "That's not the point, Harry. She TOLD you about it. It doesn't matter how you got her to tell you."

"Yeah well it may be the last thing she tells me." Harry says, his voice breaking. "She kicked me out."

"Harry, mom can be quite hot headed when she's upset. I wouldn't worry about that if I were you." Jamie tells him. "I'll bet when she wakes up you're the first person she asks for."

Just then door opens and Ryan steps out and looks at Harry. "Mom wants to talk to you." He tells him as he holds the door open for him.

Harry nods and enters the room. He slowly approached the bed and sat in the chair still sitting there. He didn't say a word, he waited for her to speak first. Finally she turns her head slightly and looks at him. "You didn't leave." She whispers.

Harry shakes his head. "I told you I wouldn't. I was sitting right outside the door." He tells her.

"I'm sorry I yelled at you, you didn't deserve that." She says.

"No, Jo don't." Harry says grabbing her hand. "Don't apologize. I did deserved it, that and so much more. I'm the one who should be apologizing to you."

"No, it's okay. I know what a shock it is to the system to see what you did. I understand, I really do." Jo says softly. "I'm sorry you had to see that."

Harry leaned down and kissed her hand. "I'm just glad you're okay, well somewhat okay." He said laying his head on her stomach. "Jo, I love you so much, I can't loose you now that I found you."

Jo ran her fingers through Harry's beautiful curly hair. "I'm sorry, I love you too, Harry. And you're not gonna loose me, I'm tougher than that. Besides that, I'm won't give Tiffany that pleasure." Jo says.

"How do you know Tiffany was involved in your attack?" Harry asks carefully.

"Harry, honey I'm not stupid, and in the past couple of weeks I've gotten to know you pretty well. The look on yours and Nate's faces earlier pretty much gave it away." She scolded him.

"Oh really. You think you know me. Then what am I thinking right now?" He smirks.

Jo chuckles. "That you want to kiss me but you're afraid of hurting me. And how hungry you are." She teased. "You won't hurt me first off so kiss me all you want. Second, your food in the bag on the table, you can eat after my kiss." She smiled.