What the Hell

My history teacher has this way of pairing people up for projects. I don't see why teachers have to get creative, can't you just stick two people together and get on with it? No. This one had to write half of the class' name down, stick it in a hat, and then have the other half pick out of said hat. What a twisted bitch. This demonic project was all based around leadership. We'd be stuck with some lame American president and make a poster board on how they changed the country and if they were well liked and-

Hold on my name is being called.

I looked up at my tasteless teacher, I mean seriously, who the hell would wear shit brown with shit green. She looked as if she could be a lot prettier if she knew how to dress, but that'll never happen. She was summoning me over like some livestock, I guess bitch didn't wanna write my name down so now I have to stick my hand in the chamber of secrets.

Wait...did that make sense? I don't even know what a chamber of secrets is...some Harry Potter porno shit or something. Bottom line is, I had to go up to pick some bastard's name out of her old smelly hat. The teacher came up to me when she noticed I wouldn't move and stuck the hat under my nose. I let out a very mature grumble as I stuck my hand in and dug around until I snatched it back out, a white folded paper in my hand. I stared at it hard, eyes burning the paper. Or I wished my eyes could do that. The paper wasn't catching fire so I decided to see who my stupid partner was.

Ivan Braginsky.

Oh hell no. No offense to his family or whatever, but I was pretty sure they are all a bunch of murderous Russian cannibals. Besides, Ivan scares the shit out of me. I'm a pretty tough guy, but I'm pretty sure Ivan could just walk into the toughest tavern in town and just stand there...and all those muscular macho guys would shit their pants. I just know that behind that creepy smile, he secretly wants to murder everyone more than I could ever dream of doing.

So I did what every reasonable person would do and swapped papers with the Chinese kid sitting next to me when he wasn't looking. He hadn't opened his sheet yet, so it was perfect, as if some mystic being was looking out for me and didn't want me to get brutally murdered by a Russian psycho. Thanks mystic being. Alright, let's cut the crap and see who I'm stuck with. My fingers quickly moved to open the slip and....and I nearly choked on a lump that rose in my throat.

Esmeralda Alvarez.

It's...it's just a coincidence right? That mystic guy probably worked some magic to just make sure I had a partner I wouldn't hate. Yeah, I'm sticking with that theory. I looked around at my classmates, scanning everyone in the room.

Ludwig, Gilbert, Alfred, Toris, Feliks, Berwald, Eliziveta, Natalya, and that kid from Canada. I looked at the rest of the class and surely, I would've hated to work with every single one of them. Esmeralda was the only one who I didn't want to punch in the face; of course there were a couple of kids who didn't bother me that much, but I'm not rushing to be his or her partner. My eyes made their way to Esmeralda in the back who was chatting up a storm with Femke's douche bag brother Liam. I guess she could feel me watching because her eyes flickered up and landed right on mine.

Class ended soon after we met up with our partner and got assigned with a president. Esmeralda and I got Franklin Peirce.

"Who the fuck is Franklin Pierce?" I asked as I read over the project sheet. Esmeralda had been walking next to me and simply shrugged.

"Franklin Pierce was the fourteenth president of the United States of America!" oh my god Alfred, no one was talking to you. I turned around to see that fat ass beaming proudly. Of course he would know, I bet he gets off with American history and culture, he's all over that shit like a fucking big mac.