Intro - Fawn

Honk! Beep! Reeeehk! A flash of tan darted across the bustling streets of New York City. A man hollered curses from inside his car, then continued on his hurried way. The tan flash happened to be Fawn, a stray. She panted, but not because she was about to get hit by a car. She panted because she made it. And she wasn't panting. Actually, Fawn was smiling. Stopping cars to cross the road is practically a daily occurrence. Just like scavenging, chasing cats, and fighting off other rival strays like her.

     Yep, that was the life. Not that it was easy. Oh no, even "tough life" was considered an understatement. Especially if you live in Fawn's conditions, being a loner. Ever since she was a pup, Fawn had been more of an outsider. Of course, she only had three other dogs in her "pack". Those dogs being her mother, father, and brother. Her parents had escaped from a guy who stole from a famous dog breeder, who bred Pharaoh Hounds.

     Pharaoh Hounds aren't your everyday, mans-best-friend kind of dog. Their lives traced back to ancient times. Fawn's family happened to be royals, you know, King Tut in Ancient Egypt kind of blood. Yeah, a royal Fawn was, but she definitely doesn't put off that kind of regal vibe. Nope, more of a confident, tough chick. Like a real New Yorker. Speaking of New Yorkers, there were a lot of them. And with so many people, Fawn wasn't the only stray who had to share the streets. And today, Fawn will be reminded of that.