Chapter Eleven - Marshmallow

The pack left at the break of dawn, with full bellies giving them a new energy. Ace led them to the park, and when they got to the gate for the place, Fawn was greeted with an expanse of green grass and trees. Chew toys and water bowls dotted the land. A few collar wearers had already entered the place, and were unleashed behind a silver gate. Mei looked up at the gate and whined, "How do we get in?"

"I know! Follow my lead!" Paisley responded, and lead the pack along the fence until she stopped in front of some bushes, which were planted on the opposite side of the fence, "watch this!" She barked, and began digging under the grey fence. As her small paws worked, the hole became less and less shallow. After a few minutes, her waist was gone. Then, she broke through the ground on the other side and wiggled out of the hole. Paisley turned around and beckoned her pack before walking through the bush.

April dug at the hole to widen it so she could fit, and then she was on the other side. One by one, the pack made their way into the park. Once they all met Paisley at the bush, Fawn looked around for any signs of a dog named Marshmallow. Then it hit her. None of them knew what Marshmallow looked like!
"Um, guys?" Fawn asked the pack.

"Yes?" The pack responded in unison.

"Where exactly do we find this, 'Marshmallow'?"

"Let's ask her!" Mei exclaimed, and bounded over to an Afghan Hound which recently got let off her leash.
"Excuse me, ma'am!" The blonde, long haired dog aimed her pointed muzzle to Mei, and raised her eyebrows at the young one.

"Hm?"

"We're looking for Marshmallow! Do you know her?" The female gasped in shock.

"Do I know her? Darling, who doesn't know her? She's practically the headline of every newspaper, the title of every book! Sweetheart, she is practically a bold letter A in dog form. Everyone knows her. Why do you ask?"

"We're looking for her. Have you seen her?"

"We?" The rest of the pack caught up to Mei, making the Afghan narrow her brown eyes in disgust.

"Blech! Strays? Ha, Marshmallow won't give you mutts any information. She only shares her gossip with the purebred dogs like me. Now run along, there's some trash waiting to be eaten!" Fawn growled and made her way up to the hound, meeting her nose to nose.

"I'll have you know that I am a purebred. And I will be talking to Marshmallow, whether she likes it or not. Now, tell me where she is or-"

"Okay, okay!" the collar wearer yelped, clearly intimidated, "she's probably laying under her favorite tree with her friends. Marshmallow is a tiny, white Pomeranian. She wears a pink, sparkly collar with a matching bow," the female described.

"Good, thanks for your help," Fawn smirked as she left to find this dog, and the pack followed.

It wasn't long before the pack found Marshmallow, and just as the Afghan Hound explained, she was this petite, white Pomeranian with a pink, glittered collar and a pink bow on top of her fluffy head. The dog pack walked over to her, and as they neared, they could pick up the conversation she was having with a silky coated Yorkie and a brown, Toy Poodle.
"So I was like, 'um, excuse me?' and she was all like, 'um, yeah!' so I was literally like, 'like, OMP* girl, like, back off. He's totes mine!' and then I..." the white dog trailed off when she noticed the pack of strays approaching, making her cock an eyebrow.

"Ew, like, stray dog alert! Like, get the air freshener cause' like, they smell like garbage!" The other dogs giggled in annoying, high pitched voices at the Pomeranian's comment.

"Hey, listen up. I need your help, so I'm gonna ask you a few questions and you're gonna answer them. Capiche?" Fawn demanded.

"And, like, why should I listen to you, fleabag?"

"Because, like, my life depends on it!" Fawn mocked the white ball of fluff.

"Um, I like, will not talk to anyone who, like, talks to me that way!" She yapped, flattening her small, triangular ears against her head.

"I'll make you talk," Fawn snarled through clenched teeth.

"Ha, you would never- eek!" She tiny dog squealed as Fawn picked Marshmallow up by her collar.

"Let's try this again. I'll ask questions, and you answer them!" Fawn ordered through closed jaws as the little dog dangled by her mouth.

"Never!" The tiny one snapped.

"Fine, then!" Fawn began to shake her head violently back and forth, rattling the small dog.

"Aaaaahhhhh! Alright! I'll talk! Put me down!" Marshmallow yelped. Fawn set the dizzy, white dog down on the grass, "W-what do you, l-like wanna know?"

Fawn chuckled slightly as the collar wearer sat down, head spinning, "Do you know anything about a dog named Cash?"

"Y-yeah..." She stammered, "Actually, I, like, heard him talking to this giant group of dogs a couple nights ago when I, like, went on my walk. I didn't hear much, though..."

"What did you hear?"

"Well, from what I, like, remember, he was talking about a spy and puppies. And this dog named Angel and Night. And, like, killing this dog named..."

"Fawn?! Was her name Fawn?"

"Yeah, yeah! Wait... how do you, like, know?" Fawn paused, eyes widening.
"Oh, nothing..." She said, fear tainting her voice as she turned to the pack.

"We have to get going, now!" She barked, bracing herself to run. None of the others argued. All of them dashed to the hole they dug and went through. Fawn was about to lead the pack out of there until she heard a masculine voice call her from behind.

"Fawn! Is that you?" Fawn whipped around to see a familiar face behind the fence. His scent. His face. It was all too familiar.
"Brother?"

•••
OMP - Oh My Paws