Chapter Two - Kid

Fawn shrugged off the fact that her hero had vanished, even if it was that quick. Now she could continue to wander, with hopefully no more interruptions. Her claws clicked quietly on the sidewalk, which she could barely hear over the morning traffic sounds. The warm rays of the summer sun gleamed on her velvety pelt. She sniffed the air, attempting to scent any water. Fawn sighed has her thirst grew, but there was no water in the area. The Pharaoh Hound panted as she roamed, until the screeching of tires and frantic yelps made her freeze.

    Out there, scrambling in the streets was a young, female pup. She was frantically barking as cars honked around her, and she tried to avoid getting hit. Fawn leaped out into the street, long limbs outstretched. The lean female grabbed the pup by the scruff and carried her to the sidewalk.

     The pup looked to be three months old, and seemed to have the features of a Husky and a Chow Chow. Fawn laid the furry ball on the ground, "Hey kid! You almost got yourself killed there! What were you thinking?!" Fawn barked, looking down on the girl pup. Her eyes were brown with gold and white fur, which was a little messy around her legs, "I-I'm sorry... I lost my pack," she whined.

"So the first place you look for them is on the road?"

"Well... no... I just knew that we lived somewhere near this book store," the little pup pointed her muzzle to the sign that read, "Dale's Books". Fawn tilted her head, "Well, how did you get lost in the first place?" Fawn questioned.

"This white dog took my last bit of food... so I chased her until I couldn't run anymore," the young one replied, lowering her head. Stealing from a puppy... how sick. Fawn thought, "Well, can you find home from here?" she asked.

"Well... I know we live in an alley next to an apartment building, but from where we stand... I can't remember left or right," she whimpered. Fawn perked her ears, "Hey, I know where to look. There's an apartment building about two miles from here, maybe that's where you live," the stray yipped. The pups' eyes brightened immediately, "Really? Oh, thank you so much Miss uhh... what's your name?"

"Fawn. What's yours, kid?"

"Mei."

"Well, Mei. Let's get you home."