Chapter 6

Kaorus pov

"KAKASHI! YOU SON OF A BITCH! GET YOUR ASS IN HERE!"

Is the first thing I heard when arrived just outside Maka's hospital room. I looked over to the pale Kakashi who had blue lines under his eyes. On either side of him was an amused Kushina and Mikoto, while Minato was giving Kakashi a sympathetic smile. Hinata, Sasuke, and Naruto where still at the academy since it was only about noon and Itachi was on a mission so he wouldn't be back for awhile, so where Rin and Obito. I was lucky, I had a day off so I was able to be here for the birth of my sibling.

I chuckled at Kakashi, who grew paler as Maka yelled out more death threats.

One Hour Later

The doctor came out of the room and gave us a warm smile and told us we could go in. We all filed in silently and saw Maka sitting up looking exhausted, but she was smiling down at the small bundle in her arms. Kakashi seemed to hesitate before standing to her right and looked at the small baby, he stared at the baby with a soft tender gaze and took the baby from its mothers arms. The blanket shifted down a little so I caught a glimpse of gravity defying silver hair, I smirked at that. Heh, seems like the both of us inherited his hair. I wonder what else he got from Kakashi.

I walked to Kakashi's side and tried to get a better look of the baby but i couldn't see him since i was so short, I pouted in slight annoyance. Kakashi chuckled and squatted down to my height so i could look at the newborn. The baby had silver hair, Maka's nose and eye shape, but the rest was all Kakashi; the baby was clearly a boy. He seemed to sense our eyes on him as he opened his eyes to reveal dark grey, nearly black, eyes staring at us. He looked at us for a moment before giving us an adorable toothless smile. I stepped back so the others could get a good look at the new Hatake, Kushina and Mikoto gushed over the new born as Minato gave him a soft smile. Walking over to Maka I asked her,"So, What are you gonna call him?" She and Kakashi shared a meaningful look and turned their eyes toward me, but it was Kakashi was the one who spoke up.

"Well since your my only student we thought you could help name him." He said with a closed eye smile. My eyes widened in shock and filled with tears, but i didn't let them fall. I thought for a few moments before finally coming up with the perfect name. "How about Kaname Hatake?" They both nodded their heads in agreement, there was a bright flash and we looked to see Mikoto with her camera out.

"Brought my camera just in case, I'll give you guys copies later." Minato walked over to my side as everybody else was talking to the new parents. He crouched down slightly to my height and held his arms out a little bit, knowing what he meant I carefully took Kaname out of his arms and into my own. I smiled gently down at my baby bother, I gave him my finger for him to play with. He grabbed it and started to knaw on my finger. I chuckled not minding that baby drool was all over my finger. Don't worry Otouto, I will protect you from harm no matter what. Un-known to me Mikoto saw my look and she knew what it meant. Itachi had given that same look to Sasuke after he was born.

Few hours later

I rubbed the back of my neck as looked up at the afternoon sky. I had just left the Maka's room ten minutes ago, Minato had told me that I had a mission in the morning and to see him in his office to be debriefed. I looked back at the pathway in front of me and decided to think about a few things. Kakashi and Maka said that I could name their own child. It was a good thing that I hadn't balled my eyes out when they said that. It was kinda a big deal to be asked that it was like I was apart of their little family.

And what it even more special is that Kakashi held enough affection for me to actually name his son. Deciding that I didn't want to burst into hysteric happy tears, I thought about my baby brother. He definitely had inherited all of Kakashi's looks, there was only a hint of Maka in him. Maybe in the future he would take after her personality wise, but then again maybe not. Kakashi's laziness was contagious.