Chapter 9

Third pov

Kaoru smiled down at the necklace as she touched it, she had just left the Uchiha compound and was half way to her house. She thought it was sweet how Itachi brought this for her. Even though he knew it was here birthday, he didn't have to give her a gift.

She looked up as she felt the quickly approaching chakra of Kakashi. He appeared in front of her looking pale. Kaoru frowned in concern as she saw multiple emotions run through his face before he put on a blank face. She raised an eyebrow.

"What's up?"

"Is it true?" He asked in a hard voice. Kaoru blinked in surprise and confusion, he had never used that tone with her outside of missions. "What are you talking about?" Kaoru grew cautious as Kakashi's eyes hardened even more.

"Is it true that I'm your father?"

Kaoru's eyes widened and her whole body stiffened. Her thoughts flew around in her head a mile a minute. How did he find out? Did somebody tell him? Her breathing started to come out in pants, she couldn't handle this. She wasn't ready for him to find out. He wasn't suppose to find out like this, he should have found out through her. Not ready to face Kakashi, she lit her body with lightning and ran.

Elsewhere

Kushina hurriedly knocked on her best friends door. She had already went to Kaoru's house to see if she was there, but she wasn't. Minato had left to go search for Kakashi before he did something stupid. The door opened to reveal Mikoto, the rest of the family behind her.

"Kushina? What are you doing here? What's wrong?" She asked alarmed at the look on her best friends face.

"He knows! He over heard Minato and I talking and he found out and now we can't find him!" Kushina spoke out in a rush. Mikoto exchanged confused looks with her boys.

"Kushina, what are talking about?" Kushina took a deep breath in and out to calm down.

"I was speaking with Minato about how Kaoru's father should know about her. We didn't know he was there and he over heard us." Kushina explained.

"Who's Kaoru's father?" Mikoto asked.

"Kakashi. And now we can't find him or Kaoru." Sasuke looked at his surrogate aunt with wide eyes. "How the hell did you not know he was there!?" He asked, snapping out if his shock. He didn't wait for a response as he hurriedly put on his shoes and ran out the door. Itachi followed his brother out of the house. Mikoto sighed and rubbed her forehead. "Alright. Give us a minute and we'll help you." Fugaku shot his wife a look. He didn't understand why he had to help, he wasn't friends with either of the two people. But the look on his wife's face stopped him from arguing.

With Kaoru

I could still tell that Kakashi was behind me, but he was a good distance away. I looked around trying to find a place to hide. I finally found a place and sprinted to the lake. I turned off my Godspeed and dived into the water, an air bubble around my nose and mouth. I swam all the to the bottom of the lake and floated there. I covered my chakra signature the best I could.

I tensed as Kakashi came closer and closer to the lake. I could see the dark outline of his body as he looked around. My breath hitched as his head snapped to the direction of where I was. I could tell that he was about to jump into the lake. Panicking, I made the water shoot up and form a giant dome. The water hardened into thick ice. I saw Kakashi doing handsigns and blow out a giant fireball.

The ice cracked but I quickly fixed it. I flared my chakra, hoping to gain someone's attention. I couldn't keep holding Kakashi off, I needed to save some of my chakra for the mission. I practically sagged in relief when I felt Minato's chakra quickly approach.

Outside of bubble

Minato appeared in a yellow flash. He frowned as he took in the scene before him. It seems that Kaoru had created a large doom of ice to keep Kakashi out. Minato hurriedly went to Kakashi and stopped him from doing another Fire Jutsu.

"Kakashi! Stop!" Minato ordered. Kakashi's body was tense as he continued to stare at the ice dome. Minato sighed and let go of Kakashi.

"You need to calm down, Kakashi. Now wait here while I try to coax Kaoru out."

Kakashi gave a stiff nod as he watched his teacher walk closer to the dome of ice. Slowly the dome melted and dropped back into the lake under the gentle voice of Minato. Kaoru rose from the water, warily watching Kakashi as she walked back on to dry land. Minato sighed and made a couple of shadow clones and sent them off to inform the others he found Kakashi and Kaoru. When the clones disappeared he laid both of his hands on their shoulders and teleported them into his office.

Both Hatake's sat stiffly in their chairs. Minato gave another sigh and turned to Kaoru.

"I apologize, for how Kakashi found out. He had overheard Kushina and I talking, we didn't notice he was there until it was to late." Kaoru shot him an incredulous look.

"How did you not know he was there!? You're the Hokage!" Kaoru said throwing her hands up, Minato gave sheepish smile. "Got caught up in the conversation." She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. Minato sent an apologetic look her way before turning serious.

"Anyway Kakashi, I am sure that you have questions, so ask away." There was a moment of silence before the silver haired man spoke up.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked with an emotionless tone and face.

"Well, at first I didn't want to you to know is because I thought that you wouldn't want me. So I saved myself some heartache. Plus how would you feel if some random kid goes up to and tells you that your their father."

"Anyway, after I graduated the academy Minato made you my teacher so we would have some type of relationship. I did plan on telling you someday, but it just became harder to say over the years." Kaoru explained, shrugging her shoulders a little. Kakashi sighed and put his head in his hands, trying to collect his thoughts. He couldn't believe that Kaoru had been his son---

"By the way, I'm a girl."

---Daughter. Wait, what? His head snapped to Kaoru with wide eyes. Kaoru gave him an amused look when she caught the look on his face. Kakashi let out a sigh and rubbed his forehead, he needed to process this. All in one night he had found out that his student had been his kid, and then finding out he was a she. Suddenly a thought occurred to him.

"What about your mother? How come she didn't tell me?"

Kaoru tensed slightly at the mention of her mother, but answered anyway. "She told me that she had tried to approach you a couple times, but you kept ignoring her. I'm guessimg you were dick when you were a teenager."

Minato let out a small chuckle at her blunt opinion. Kakashi glared at him but said nothing. He knew he was an asshole as a teenager.

"Do you have any more questions Kakashi?" Kakashi shook his head. "Not at the moment."

"Alright. Since it's been a rather eventful evening you, I want you to go home and relax. Don't worry about your mission, I'll have someone else take it." Minato said. Kaoru nodded and stood up, she left in a swirl of leaves.

Sorry if the chapter is crap.