Chapter 2

Every eye in the room was on Daniel. That's when I noticed the phones. In the matter of forty seconds, everyone was starting to take pictures and videos and snapchats and whatever other social media post they wanted to make. I got to my feet and stood in front of him to block the pictures. This wasn't very effective, so I held up a blanket that was on the back of the couch to work as a makeshift curtain.

"Can all of you go fuck off?" I asked the crowd. I turned to some confused freshman that was just watching. "Can you go get paper towels?"

Some guy walked up with a cup and passed it to Daniel. "Here, have some water."

I snatched the cup out of his hand first and smelt from there that it was vodka. The guy was laughing with his friends. I spilt it down the front of him and threw the cup at his chest. His face was pure shock. His friends started laughing at him now. The random freshman came back with a roll of paper towels. I passed one to Daniel, and he wiped his face.

Daniel sat up again with new found anger. His eyes burnt. He stared at nothing in particular, but fire was growing in his eyes. His jaw was tight, and I was getting worried for everyone's safety. He was bound to explode any minute now. If this was a cartoon, steam would be blowing out his ears, and his face would be red. Well, his face was red, but that's not the point.

"Hey! Kyle, why don't I-" Daniel started shouting at the shithead I poured vodka down the front of.

Daniel started to get up in front of me, and what I did next shocked both of us. I wrapped the blanket I had been using to hide him around his arms so he wouldn't hit anyone. I pushed him back into the couch and crawled on top of him to make sure he couldn't wiggle his way out of the blanket. His eyes furrowed with confusion, and he looked up to meet my face. His face was utter confusion. To be entirely honest, mine was a little lost too.

"Who are you?" He ask as if this was the first time he'd even noticed I was on planet Earth. You're welcome for all the help back there. Note the sarcasm.

Will and Drake walked in with the same confusion. I hadn't even realized I was straddling him until then. It never registered that might have been a little weird. I stood up and fixed my stature quickly. Daniel squirmed and pulled the blanket off. Will and Drake found the vomit nearby quickly.

"He got sick after you guys left," I explained trying to sound composed.

"Hey guys who is that?" Daniel tried to ask as if I wasn't right here.

"She's just some girl," Will said trying to get Daniel to his feet. Drake looped his arm around him to keep him up. Daniel's eyes followed me.

"Just the girl that saved his ass from going viral online," I told Will annoyed. "While you guys were gone everyone here has been trying to get pictures of vomit-y shitfaced moneybags Jr. Your welcome."

I turned to walk away, but Will grabbed my arm to turn me around. "What's your name?"

"Isabella. And you're Will. That's Drake. The one that needs assistance standing is Daniel. Nice to know the guys I've gone to school with for twelve years finally know my name," I sassed.

"Look, Isabella. We need your help. We drank way more than appropriate to be driving, and it appears so did everyone else here tonight. If we don't get "moneybags Jr" here back to his mansion soon, moneybags senior is gonna call the cops on this party. Do you know anyone at all that can drive this boy across town in the next half hour?"

I rubbed my face and strained my brain. "Uhh. Oh wait. Yeah. Maybe. I might know someone. Let's get him outside, and I'll call the driver."

I sent Katie a text to keep her from worrying when I don't show up at midnight.