Chapter 21

I woke up to an unfamiliar beeping. My immediate instinct was to block it out and drift back into my dreams. This plan was interrupted when all the heat against my back that had kept me comfortable started to move.

"Can you turn that off?" Danny's voice mumbled.

I rolled over onto my stomach and turned his alarm clock off. I looked over, and sure enough, Danny was the heat. His hair was in every direction above the pillow. He rolled onto his back and stretched his arms above his head. I looked out the windows, but it was still dark. The clock read 5:15.

"Why do you wake up so early?" I asked him confused.

"I like to go running in the morning," he said sleepily. "Everything's so calm at this hour. Helps me think."

"You didn't strike me as the type," I told him honestly.

"Guess you don't know me as well as you think," he told me and gave me a wink. "You can go back to sleep if you want. I'll wake you when I get back."

"Can I come?" I asked him resting my chin in my head. His eyebrows perked up in surprise.

"I don't want you to die," he laughed. "I run for a good forty five minutes."

"If you don't want me to go just say it," I told him with a smile.

He sighed and slipped down in his bed so that his head was resting right beside my arm. "Are you sure you're up for it? That's all."

I wasn't. I jogged a little behind Danny the whole time. Opposed to my protest, Danny stopped when I did, and no amount of insisting got him to move again until I was moving. He would just smile and stretch. His eyes would light up with happiness. He looked incredible even after he sweat a half gallon out. His biceps bulged visibly under his soaked t shirt. His hair was still perfect even though he hadn't touched it at all when he woke up. He was a sight to behold.

"We're two blocks out. You ready?" He asked me as I caught my breath.

I nodded, and he started off toward the horizon. When we got there, he held the door for me. We each went upstairs to shower, but not before, he congratulated me on being the only person he didn't mind waiting on. The water was soothing on my sore muscles. When I got out, I riffled through my now sweaty clothes, and the problem struck me that I needed fresh clothes. I wrapped a towel around me and scooped up my clothes from before. I had been running in a pair of Danny's basketball shorts with the elastic pulled tight and my tank top from the day before. I knocked on his door, and he pulled it open for me. He was in a pair of jeans and a nice t shirt with a towel in his hand. His hair was wet making it even darker.

"Could I borrow a shirt?" I asked as I picked up my jeans from the night before.

"Uh, yeah," he said and cleared his throat. "Take whatever you want."

He pulled open his closet door to reveal a walk in closet with tons of clothes. He had expensive suits in one area and rugged band shirts in another. I stepped in and dropped my jeans on the ground before pulling the closet door shut behind me. I stepped into my pants and browsed his shirts. Danny's cologne was on everything making it all smell warm and inviting. I grabbed a gray long sleeve shirt that hid my hands. I tucked a bit of it into my jeans above my pocket and walked back out.

Danny was at his desk looking over his backpack. I shoved my old clothes in my bag. There was no point trying to be tidier than Danny with his own stuff, so I dropped his old clothes with the rest of the laundry ascewed across the floor. Danny's face was flushed when he looked back up.

"I wish I looked that good in my own clothes," he told me and looked back into his backpack.

"I see old habits don't die easily," I laughed and pulled my sweatshirt on.