Prologue

Introduction

Before time, there was a land which we now know as Heaven. The peoples who lived there were harmonious, and existed side by side; no thoughts of violence or hostility between them. The people lived out their days in peace.

Little did they know, trouble was brewing beneath their very feet.

The darkness began to seep up into the soil, robbing it of any life. As the soil grew dry, the people still lived their lives, oblivious to the darkness stealing glances at them. Their footprints cracked the dry earth, and the darkness just flowed from the fissures. The cracks widen, and the darkness splits heaven in two.

From the riven land came forth new ways of thinking, new concepts. Things never before heard of in Heaven.

Violence, and the idea that there was something after life reigned supreme. People who had been living out their lives free of worry closed their shutters; drew their blinds and sat huddled around their fires.

Death held a monotone grip over one side of our world, the inhabitants casting a knowing eye over the people of the lively world. While these people lived out and continued their lives as if heaven still existed, knowing all that awaits them in this short life is death.

And it was then that time itself began.