Chapter 5

Lauren woke up the next morning completely tangled up in a sleeping Camila, as she had grown used to in the last few months. Thoughts of her girlfriend barged through her still drowsy mind and she couldn't stop the sleepy smile that made its way to her face along with them, having no reason to even try. What better way could there be of waking up, really? What better thoughts could grasp her attention first thing in the morning than those of the one who makes her so happy, even amidst the madness that sometimes seemed to invite itself into Lauren's life...

And with that Lauren's thoughts were once again infested by her uncle, making the girl roll her eyes at herself and sigh heavily. Great, just great. Hadn't the nightmare been enough? Lauren was just about completely and utterly done with him, but somehow Marcus always found his way back into her mind. Still, Lauren would not let him affect her this week. Not this week.

She got up from the bed, careful so as to not wake Camila up, and gathered some clothes before heading to the bathroom to take a shower. It wasn't long before she was done and by then Camila had woken up herself, not because she had something in particular to do, but to have breakfast with Lauren. Knowing that her girlfriend wasn't much of a morning person, the green eyed girl appreciated the gesture to no end, especially after the busy few days they'd had.

Camila was sat up on Lauren's bed, her back against the headboard and her legs still under the covers, rubbing her eyes tiredly. She turned to look at Lauren at the sound of the bathroom door opening, squinting her eyes out of habit to try and see her better.

"Hey you." She said in a raspy voice, smiling lazily for a moment before yawning. "Good morning."

"Morning, babe." Lauren replied, giggling at how adorable her girlfriend looked. She walked over to the bed and leaned down, pecking Camila's lips quickly before pulling back and smirking. "Sometimes I forget you're practically blind."

"Am not!" Camila exclaimed, laughing a little herself, but picking up her glasses from the nightstand where they had been resting anyway.

"How does it feel to be back to seeing in HD, Camz?" Lauren joked, walking around the room until she reached her wardrobe. She put on her black beanie, which had quickly become one of her favorites through the course of January.

"If it means I get to watch you in that, I think I want to go back." Camila replied and took off her glasses again to prove her point, the playful tone to her voice making Lauren's heart skip a beat. "I can't believe you wear that beanie."

Lauren turned around to face Camila, an unimpressed expression on her face. "Well, I can't believe you gave me a beanie with the word Cabello's written on it for Christmas." She deadpanned.

Camila let out a big laugh at that, throwing a pillow at Lauren's direction. Lauren caught it easily, laughing alongside her. "It was supposed to be a joke gift! And I regretted it, you know that. I wasn't going to actually give it to you, it's not my fault Ally and Dinah snuck it on the box along with your scarf." She started, rambling as she sometimes did when Lauren managed to make flustered and causing the young cop to grin in return.

"I'm just messing with you, Camz. I love this beanie." Lauren chuckled, walking towards Camila again.

Camila exhaled deeply, smiling too. "Yeah, I know. It scares me a little bit, to be honest."

Lauren laughed again as she put the pillow back on its place. Then she leaned down again to give her girlfriend another kiss, a more lingering one this time. Lauren placed her left hand on the bed beside Camila to support her while her right hand cupped her girlfriend's cheek and was going to lean back when the younger girl stopped her from doing so. Camila wasted no time in placing both her hands on the back of Lauren's neck, pulling her closer while running her tongue over the older girl's bottom lip, asking for permission to deepen the kiss. Lauren granted access immediately and soon enough their tongues met, slowly at first, but more hungrily and eagerly with each passing second. Camila slowly pushed herself off the headboard, turning slightly and letting her body sink into the bed. Lauren followed without much thought so as to not interrupt the kiss, letting her other hand fall from Camila's face to the mattress as she climbed on the bed, her knees at either side of Camila's hips. The younger girl took off Lauren's beanie, throwing it somewhere around them, before tangling her fingers through her hair.