Chapter 13

Camila woke up with the ringing of her phone. Again. Honestly, all she wanted to do was have a good night of sleep at this point.

(But then again, it wasn't the caller's fault that she and Lauren had fallen asleep so late. Or maybe so early in the morning. Whatever.)

Groaning, she blindly reached for the phone on her nightstand, feeling around until she found it. She was seriously considering not ever taking it off silent mode again when she looked at the caller ID and frowned.

Camila stood up and ran to the bathroom, picking up as soon as the door was closed. Luckily Lauren was a heavy sleeper and hadn't woken up from the noise.

"Morning, Hiro, what's up? What time is it?" Camila asked her agent in her still raspy, just-woke-up voice.

"Good morning, Camila. It's just past seven, but I-" He started.

"Seven? Seriously, Hiro? This couldn't wait 'till like ten?" Camila interrupted, running a hand through her face.

"No, actually it couldn't. Come by the office and I'll explain it all. But listen, come as soon as you can okay?" Before Camila could even say okay, he hung up.

Hiro's urgent tone managed to wake Camila up a little bit. She realized he didn't sound very pleased and decided it would be better to just go and check out what the hell was going on. Sighing, she left her phone on the bathroom's sink counter before going back to her bedroom and picking out some clothes to wear.

Camila kissed Lauren's forehead softly and grabbed some paper in her nightstand to leave a note for her girlfriend explaining her sudden absence. Then she went back into the bathroom, yawning as she got into the shower.

It seemed like it would be a long day.

--//--

Camila pushed up her glasses as she yawned again. Her legs had already been aching from the lack of sleep, but now that she had ridden her bike to Hiro's office, all she wanted to do was collapse in one of his comfortable armchairs.

With only one day left of the play, her agent had been searching for new roles for her, while simultaneously looking out for indications of The Times of Her Life being picked up for a longer season. Camila didn't think either of those options was a reasonable motive to wake her up so early, so Hiro would hear a mouthful from her if it wasn't anything more serious.

(But then again, either of those options would also make her day, so maybe she could leave the complaining for another time.)

Camila chained her bike to the bike rack of the commercial building's nearest parking lot and walked to it, her mind wandering as she did so. She wrapped her arms around herself and rubbed her sides, trying to warm herself. Before she knew it, she was being let into the building and going up the elevator. Camila knocked lightly on the door, which was almost immediately opened by his assistant.

"Good morning, Miss Cabello." The young woman, Ariana, greeted her, smirking.

"Hallo." Camila smiled, suppressing a chuckle when she realized she had picked up the greeting from Lauren. "How many times have I told you to call me Camila, Miss Grande?"

"About as many as I have told you to call me Ariana." The assistant chuckled, stepping back to allow Camila into the office and making her laugh as well. "Come on in, Mila, Hiro looks pissed. Wouldn't want to keep him waiting."

Camila sighed, but her smile never wavered. "Can't wait."

Ariana laughed as Camila stepped inside, striding quickly through the reception room that she had come to know so well over the last week and a half. Getting Shawn's agent to be her own as well had probably been one of Camila's smartest career choices, since the guy was simply awesome. But Hiro could also be an enormous headache and she guessed today was one of those days.