Chapter 7

trigger warning for mentions of death/violence and ptsd. sorry for not having this here before, i completely forgot. be safe babes.

--//--

It was Friday night, the curtains were closing to the sound of thunderous applause, and in that moment Camila felt like she was in heaven.

The second night of her performance couldn't have gone any better, honestly. Everyone was incredibly talented, so the fact that the cast had performed amazingly like they did was no surprise at all. Still, Camila felt like all of them played their parts better than in the debut, maybe from the lack of the nerves that always get to people before the first time. Either way, she was thankful to work with such wonderful people.

But the improvements hadn't stopped there! No, sir, the audience had also been bigger and Camila could swear she saw some people in the back taking notes, which could mean more reviews and that... oh, that made everything all the more exciting.

(She hoped they were good reviews, but either way, the play was getting some well-deserved attention, and it was more than she could have ever asked for.)

Her train of thought was cut short when she was tackled into a side hug by Shawn, who was smiling from ear to ear, and it was like Camila's senses came back to her all at once. Suddenly she could hear everyone talking and cheering when before the applause was the only thing her brain was processing.

"Congrats on tonight, sis." Shawn said, his tone jovial and filled with happiness.

Camila opened her mouth to reply, but all the air was ripped out of her lungs when someone hugged her with just as much strength from her other side. She turned her head to face a grinning Jake and couldn't help but mirror his expression when not a moment later the entire cast was coming together in a group hug.

"Simon, get over here!" Exclaimed Miranda, one of the other actresses, and Camila couldn't see anything from the center of the group hug, but she would bet all her money that the girl was waving around frantically for their director, who was loved by just about everyone. "Kristen, John, everyone get over here!"

"Only because you guys were phenomenal tonight." Camila started laughing loudly as Simon's accented voice reached her ears, and soon everyone followed.

She couldn't lie and say she felt it when the small crew joined in on the group hug, being smashed right in the center of it, but a few moments later everyone started dissipating. Camila looked up then, taking a step back from her original "attacker", and smiling brightly at the boy in front of her.

"Thank you and congratulations to you too, Shawn. Kinda couldn't say it earlier." She chuckled and Shawn shrugged with a smirk.

"Thanks, Mila." He replied, nodding his head in the direction of the exit and making his way there, Camila following closely behind. Almost everyone was already backstage by now, but, before they went out the door, Shawn stopped in his tracks and turned to her with a mischievous look in his eyes. "I think the person that my manager told me about is there to schedule the interview."

Camila squealed and clapped once, unable to contain her excitement. "Oh my God, Shawn!"

"I know!" He exclaimed, rubbing the back of his neck nervously, his grin intact. "You gotta act surprised, though. They can't know we knew. That is, if they're even there at all. Anyway, shouldn't be too much of a challenge for you, Miss Leading Role."

Camila giggled. "Stop it, dumbass."

Shawn tilted his head while raising his hands with a smug smile. "Fine, Miss Main Character. Let's get backstage."