[Chapter 14]

*Jade POV*

I woke up the next day, arms wrapped around Perrie's waist like a human omelette, her head resting on my chest. I don't recall a situation like last night's turning into a cuddle. Or for any of this to ever happen. But then again, I was asleep, I wouldn't know what I was doing.

I groaned as the dying sunlight shone on my eyes, making me squint and face away.

I slowly slipped my arm away from her and quietly grab my phone to text my mum that I am perfectly intact and would be home very soon. The time of our near hell was coming, and I had to wake the blonde for the ride. I slowly shook her. Nothing happened. I shook her again. She was not having it, smacking me like the little bitch she is.

"Perrie!" I shouted loudly, tempted to push her out of her safe place, also known as her bed.

As if a bug in her ear tickled her, she jolted up, nearly knocking me down. "What!?" Her voice was raspy from waking up, hair a mess, eyes nearly shutting back again.

"Oh no you're not. Wake up!" I pushed on her shoulder a little harder than expected, sending her practically weak dead body straight to the headboard.

She yelped, rubbing on her head aggressively. "Are you alright?"

"No. What the fuck was that for?"

"It was an accident, I'm so sorry." I apologize profusely, attempting to help but to be dismissed by her surprisingly quick to take action hands. "Whatever, just get ready for school."

I nodded, rushing out from the bed. "Are you sure you don't need help?"

"Just go." She leaned back on the bed, arms covering the real world. "I am, but don't you dare go back to sleep."

"Yeah yeah."

After the essential morning routines and Perrie's successful achievement of making breakfast, we left her domain. We spent the rest of the time walking to my house in excruciating awkward silence. She might have forgiven me, but our common ground has differentiated from each other, it's like we don't know each other anymore.

"So, how was America?" I asked, trying to make small talk fill up the void. "It was fine." She answered succinctly as suspected.

"New friends?"

"Yeah, I met some." She said with a painful poker face. I nodded, hands shoved in my pocket as she continues our game of silence. It was a miracle that my house came up in our view.

We haulted outside it. Unsure of how to get rid of one another.

"Want to go in? My mum probably made breakfast."

"We already ate."

"Oh yeah..." My words drifted away, eyes making sure not to make contact with the sapphires. "Where you headed to?"

"I'm going to check on Zayn first."

"Well, have fun. See you later?" Perrie unexpectedly offered her hand out for a shake. A shake. A god damn shake. What were we? Business partners?

I took her hand, my mind automatically jotting the unchanged softness and warmth they felt like. I flicked a big shake before letting go instantly. "I better get ready for school. Good bye Perrie. Thank you for taking care of me."

"Good bye Jade." I watched her hair whipped as she turned around, bouncing on her shoulders for every step she took. I walked into my house where I was immediately greeted by Jesy and Leigh-Anne. "Where were you? Sam and Liam are worried sick about you!" Jesy said with a concerned tone.