I.

A girl with dark brown hair sat on the edge of her bed, her eyes squinted as she stared outside the window of her room with a worried expression on her tanned face. The young girl could feel the disturbance in the balance of the Force, but she could not yet pinpoint where or what the disturbance is. All she could feel this very moment was that there is grave danger ahead, but she could not do anything about this premonition as she had no knowledge of the specifics of the disaster that she could feel was about to occur.

Her eyes followed a space cruiser that had just entered the planet and is soaring through the skies, probably on its way to the Republic Executive Building, where she knew the Jedi Council was staying for a vote. She was aware that this vote was going to be held with Chancellor Palpatine along with Senator Amidala, and that this vote will be on the plan to create an army to assist the Jedi against their new enemy, the Separatists.

When she heard that Padmé was going to visit Coruscant for the first time in ten years, she was overjoyed as she got to reunite with yet another one of her childhood friends. She has stayed in contact with the former Queen after all these years, but she never has seen her in person as Padmé had to stay in her planet to assist the new Queen with her rule. But the young girl knew that Padmé's duty came first, and she had to wait until the vote was finished before she could go out there to greet the Senator.

Her breath caught in her throat when she felt a heavy aching in her chest, one that usually happened whenever something terrible was about to happen. She kept her dark eyes locked onto the space cruiser that must have Padmé on board, as it descended onto the landing pad where it was designated to land before they had to transport the Senator to the Executive Building.

Her eyes soon widened as soon as she saw the explosion emerge from the cruiser that had just landed, debris and scrap flying everywhere as the young girl stood abruptly, her hands shaking as she stared at the wreckage that the explosion had just caused. She could see a few bodies lying on the ground just a few feet away from the cruiser, but she did not feel the devastating ache in her chest that only comes when someone dear to her dies.

She knew that this meant that Padmé was not a part of the casualties and is safe somewhere else, leading the girl to grow just a little bit relieved. But that did not stop her from worrying, as she knew that her friend would be distraught to see some of her colleagues dead as a result of the explosion. It was an attempt to take the Senator's life, the young girl was certain of this.

The brunette girl quickly grabbed the lightsaber resting on the drawer beside her bed and immediately bolted out the door with one destination and one objective in mind: to the Republic Executive Building, and to see if her friend was doing alright and if she was safe, and unharmed.

+

As soon as the elevator doors opened, the eighteen year old girl stepped out and felt her heart hammering in her cage as she felt three different presences she hasn't felt in quite a long time. She was very well aware of the identity of these three presences, and she could feel her heart clench at the thought of seeing that most special one out of all the three.

She hasn't seen him in five years and the last time she ever saw his face was when he promised that he will come back soon, and they will see each other once more before boarding the cruiser that sent him away to a planet systems away from her. She didn't know if he still remembered her, or if he could even recognize her when she walks into the room, but she definitely knew that she would never forget him, the sound of his voice, the smile on his face and those glittering blue eyes what always seemed to hold so much mystery inside of them.

"So have you, grown more beautiful, I mean." She heard a rather deep voice say from inside the room where she heard Padmé was staying in. It was not one she recognized, that was for sure, but in a way, there was something so familiar about the voice that made her feel at peace for some reason. "Well, f-for a Senator, I mean."