Chapter 1: My Nightmare

Before the crystal sun had pushed itself above the clouds, while the moon still glistened. I had awoken from a nightmare, as I jerked up from my sleep, my wings fluttered in fear. I grabbed my soft pink blanket that was made of star clouds, and laid on my huge soft bed that was made of the same material. The extremely fluffy pink material always relaxed me. I then heard my door creep open. It was my mother, she tucked her wings to fold against her back so she could come in.

"Silver darling, are you alright?" she asked concerned. I shook my head. I am Silver Ember, our names and surnames are given to us at birth. I once asked my mother why she gave me such an unusual name, she told me it would show how special I am. She came over to hold me. She rubbed my long crimson red hair. "Was it the dream again?"

I nodded and buried my face into her neck.

"It'll be alright," she always says that, but I don't think it ever will, I'm only nineteen, I shouldn't be dealing with such things. To be nineteen centuries is of course quite young. Next my father came in with of course a worried expression on his face as he looked at me.

"Was it the dream again?" he asked moving his black hair from his face. I've been having this dream for the longest time, as long as I can remember. At least when I was four centuries. The same horrible dream of a terrible, powerful demon, that resides in the demon lair and came to cause havoc and kills anything in it's path if that's what it desires. It also wants the power of leadership, the dream has become so familiar and vague that all I remember is bloodshed and a vicious sinister smile.

"It's alright Silver, we'll go to Lady Arena tomorrow, maybe she can help," my father said as he came to the other side of me to hold me.

"We've tried countless times, what makes you think the ruler of Padeliona can really help me?" I asked.

"It wouldn't hurt to try, and you never know, maybe she or even her son can help," mother said.

"The town is welcoming him home from his travels, I'm sure Prince Bracen won't want to deal with problems as soon as he gets home."

"Well, we'll just have to see," mother said rubbing my head.

"Now get some rest, you'll need it for the welcoming tomorrow," father said.

They both gave me a kiss to the forehead and left out of my room. Maybe the ruler and her son can help, they should be able to help any angel right? I reluctantly laid back down, and closed my eyes, and hoped I would be able to get some rest. But the one thing I was definitely looking forward to tomorrow, was relaxing on my favorite cloud above the sea so I could gaze at it, and it was just enough feet below Padeliona, where I could feel safe and at peace.