CHAPTER 4: Mystics of the Sea

A couple weeks have passed since my talk with Bracen, and in that time I have not had the nightmare, and I'm hoping it stays that way. I was on my cloud gazing at the sea like always, I mindlessly looked up to scan the sky, looking for something different than the blue sky, clouds, and the occasional birds that flew by. It was boring to see the same exact scenery, I bet that in the ocean its never the same, I could see all sorts of different things.

"Why are you always here fair maiden?" I heard a deep, soft but yet rough voice, ask me a question. I looked around and then looked down below to see a merman resting on a moderately sized bolder in the middle of the ocean. "I've seen you there upon that cloud so many times I've lost count," he said and smiled.

His smile was brilliant, he had purple hair as deep as amethyst and eyes as silver as a nickel. He was unusually beautiful. "May I ask for the name of such an extravagant, beautiful, and mystical creature?" he asked.

"My name is Silver, Silver Ember," I told him.

"Beautiful and enchanting, you are nothing like other angels I've seen." So he knows of our existence, how could he if he's always in the ocean? Then again we know theirs and we're always in the clouds.

"I had no idea I was being watched."

"Your voice is like a melody, and it's quite alright, I was just curious to why you're always gazing down here?" he said.

"Oh, well, because in the ocean, I just wonder what's down there, the only thing I know is that every creature is different, not all are the same." I told him.

"That is very true," he smiled. The sun flashed its rays and when it did, it hit his green fin, but when it hit just right where you could see a hint of blue all throughout.

"May I ask what your name is?" I asked.

"My name is Leomaris, but you can call me Leo."

"Oh, well glad to meet you Leo."

"Likewise."

Then I heard other wings, by it's pattern I could tell it was Ariena. "Silver," I turned around to see her. "Come on, there's something going on, you should come see," she finished.

"But. . .well I.."

"Come on, I want to know if you know what's going on, and we have to hurry." She started to leave in the opposite direction. I turned back to Leo who was waiting patiently with a smile on his face.

"Go on, I understand, can you come back tonight?" he asked.

I took a moment to think, "Yes, I can come back."

"Alright, see you then." Then he disappeared under the water, almost like he was never there, and a figment of my imagination. I then turned around to follow Ariena to wherever she was taking me. We then ended up at the back of my house listening through an open window.

"I don't understand," I heard my mother say.

"He has fallen ill, and it's most likely fatal," a rough, and raspy male voice say.

"Really? Is there anything you can do to stop it, we don't need this now..." she replied.

"I'm just here to remind you of it, that's all, and besides we all knew this would come at some time."

"But he can't be dying now, it's too early, there must be something."

"Even if so, he will probably die, we can't control when and how it happens. Just to prepare you for all the possible events you will most likely have to endure."