6. Goodbye and Hello

"B, I am so sorry."

"Sorry for what, Dad?"

He rushed to the desk near the door and grabbed his warrant card and keys. He was going to work. Again.

"No Dad, you can't work."

"I have to, B, whatever you have to tell me write it down so I dont forget."

"Dad pleas-"

"Sorry baby just write it down."

I ripped the page out of his pad and wrote the words r-a-p-e. As my hand shook uncontrollably, I passed him the note.

"Dad, I-"

"Brianna what the hell is this? It's not good to lie."

"Dad, I'm not lying."

His face tightened with hate, sorrow, anger. He held my hand and pushed me onto the couch.

"What happened Brianna?"

He used my full name. Oh no.

"I fell asleep studying and then Desha called me for the first time asking for help, saying that she felt like someone was following her." I squeezed my dad's hand while I continued, "I sped towards the party. When I got there, I heard her scream and she was being dragged away by a gang of boys."

"Why didn't you call 911? Why didn't you call me?!" My dad's voice rose three levels but I couldn't blame him. Only one person. Desha.

"Dad I tried to help Desha and I did, using the defence techniques you taught me," I laughed quietly "I saved Desha but I didn't help myself. They, urm, urm they,"

I couldn't help myself as rivers of tears streamed down my face and the images returned. "I was taken advantage of. It was Desha's fault, Dad she is a slut, she goes partying every night, wears nothing but the kitchen sink and sleeps with everything that has a dick."

After my tear-flooded rant, my dad hugged me tight and stroked my hair. I was hesitant but I knew that I was safe.

Claps echoed through the room, I looked up and saw a middle aged woman with a curve so sharp and hair so long. And those eyes... Wait?!

"You!"
My dad jumped up and looked warningly into my eyes.

"B, I can explain!"

"Explain what?! You let this bitch-"

She walked up to me pushing my father aside, "This bitch gave birth to your ugly ass."

"Good thing, I got Dad's good looks."

Desha walked in and joined that woman by her side.

"Mum was righ-"

My dad let down his belt which left a reddish streak against her neck.
"Desha Lucia Banks, you are a disgrace to this family. How can you let your sister to be raped?!"

"I was the one that was raped. She was at the party asking for sex," She looked at me with evil in her eyes, "What she told you is not true."

Dad turned to me, "Is this true?"

"No Dad, that isn't true."

That woman came up beside my dad and gave her a phone with pictures.

Wait a minute.....
Is that my face?!

"Darling dear, if that daughter of ours was telling the truth, why was she sending naked pictures of herself to a boy?"

Jesus Christ.