twelve.

EMPTY GOLD.
012. | ❛ i think i'm going to be
sick.

The morning was always Elena's favorite part of the day. It was easier for her to manage and certainly didn't bring any unwanted news.

Elena got all ready to head over to Spencer's barn to see what her friend was worrying about this time. But there was also a secret reason behind it. Elena knocked in the door, and simply walked in seeing that Caleb was in the kitchen while Spencer was nowhere to be seen.

"Spencer, left early this morning," Caleb stuttered

"It's okay, I just came by to drop of the designs for the campaign that Veronica requested," Elena placed them down on the table as Caleb overlooked them in amazement.

"This is awesome. When did Veronica ask you to do this?"

"Since she asks me to be a part of her communications department."

"So you're on the campaign now? This is so cool. Next thing you know Emily joins too," Caleb jokes.

"Veronica thought she needed to outreach to more people an what better way to do that then with art."

"Welcome to the Hastings World"
________________________

Elena walked through the streets of Rosewood to the nearby pharmacy. Inside she went to go check on her pills that the doctor recommended.

The pills were small but no less effective, the nightmares have become constant and with the threat on the rise Elena was barely the same happy girl as before.

Shoving the bottle of pills on her bag she walked out, not before long did her phone beep.

Pills wouldn't be good for the 👶🏻. Don't want to get into old habits. 😈

______________________

At the park, Elena waited for Toby who was bringing lunch. Once Toby got there, Elena craved into her food.

"I've never seen you eat this fast," Toby remarked at Elena who gulped down her food

"You've seen me eat like this before." Elena pointed her fork at him.

"When we first started going out, you would barely eat your food in front of me."

"There's a thing being called self conscious." Elena sipped her drink while smiling.

She checked her clock and saw that she was running late to meet up with Spencer at the cafe for her mother's video.

"I'm running late," she chewed as she got up and fixed her dress.

"It's as if you're always leaving," Toby pouted which caused Elena to make a frowny face.

"I promise after this campaign and this whole Charlotte thing, you'll have me all to yourself." She kissed him on the cheek and started heading off.
_______________________

"Sorry, I'm late" Elena said sitting down next to Spencer while watching from Caleb's computer.

"I've chosen to share this with you because ultimately, my diagnosis was a wake-up call. 'And I trust now that you have this insight' you'll know that I don't give up without a fight."