sixteen.

EMPTY GOLD.
016. | ❛ we're building a rat
trap.

"Uh, I was gonna call you. Um... did you see Ali? Is she okay?" Spencer asked Elena, who was in the room with Caleb and Hanna

"Yeah, she's okay. Um, it wasn't an accident." Elena explained.

"Sara's back at The Radley."

"When did that happen?" Caleb asked.

"Today. She checked in under a fake name and she's still looking for something. These are plans for The Radley same one Sara got from the records office."

"Spence... you need to listen to Hanna." Elena said with a serious tone.

"That night, at the hotel, when you were asleep... I left the room. I followed Aria and Ezra. And I saw them in the square and then... I saw Charlotte go into the church. So I went in after her. She was sitting there. Alone. Praying. I picked up a candlestick... And I stabbed her in the back of the neck with the end of it. And then I took her to the bell tower and I threw her off. I went to the hotel and pretended like I was only gone for a minute to get ice. Stealing that security drive wasn't because Aria was on it. It's because I'm on it. I murdered Charlotte." Hanna started to sob with Spencer in disbelief.

Hanna turned around, sucking in her tears and reverting back to normal, "See? She believed it. And if she believed it even for a minute..."

"What the hell just happened?" Spencer's voice boomed

"Hanna knows how we can end this."
_____________________

"Whole thing sounds crazy." Emily paced the room, while Caleb, Hanna, and Elena sat on the couch.

"It's not crazy. We're building a rat trap." Elena tried calming her down.

"And you are the cheese." Emily pointed to Hanna.

"We gotta do something unexpected to knock them off balance." Caleb tried persuading Emily.

"Okay, so what if she confesses to killing Charlotte, and A orders her to march into the police station and tell Tanner?"

"You think this person went to all that trouble just to hand it over to the cops? This is about revenge, not justice."

"Still sounds... "

"Crazy. Yes. We've established that, but Caleb, Elena, and I have it all figured out."

"What do you think about all this?"

"I'm just happy somebody else has come up with a plan 'cause I'm all tapped out."

"Can it work?"

"Yeah. It can work. Meanwhile, I'll work things from the Sara angle and if we're lucky, we'll catch A."

"If we're lucky. Hanna has the plan and Caleb has the know-how. And if we don't back them up they're just gonna do it by themselves."

"Is that true?"

"Yeah. Um, most of what I need I-I can take off the shelf but for the other stuff, I mean it really be helpful if I could talk to Toby."

"Elena?" Hanna turned to her.

"He needs to know what you're planning..." Elena was cut off with Spencer adding on, "And I wanna show him those blueprints."
____________________

"And you can get all that ready in time?" Ezra said being skeptical as the rest of the group was listening to Caleb and Hanna.

"I've already started. I can have it when we need it."

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" Aria asked Hanna

"I wouldn't have thought of it if I wasn't ready to do it."

"Look, guys, this isn't a democracy, okay? We're not taking votes. This is something that Hanna and I decided to do. And the only thing that you need to decide is whether or not you're gonna help us."

"Nobody here is gonna let you do this by yourself." Spencer took the giant leap forward for everybody.

"Alright. So let's get started."

"Leave my friends alone. I killed Charlotte." Hanna texted out loud.