fifteen.

EMPTY GOLD.
015. | ❛ we stick together.

"Mona basically told you she was ready to kill Charlotte." Aria pointed out with a bandage on her left wrist from the burning.

"Yeah, but she didn't, because Charlotte never showed up." Emily sounded as if she was defending Mona.

"Not guilty because the victim didn't show? That's setting the bar pretty low, Em." Elena crossed her arms

"Innocent, guilty, whatever she admits to being the brunette on the phone. Let-let's tell Tanner this, so I can get off the suspect list." Aria said

"So do you think she's lying?" Emily asked Spencer and Elena

"Pick a topic." Spencer replied

"About Charlotte not meeting her that night."

"That's probably true. It's too easy to check."

"While you two are discussing this, let's remember that I was the one that was in a line-up. Alright? It's really unflattering lighting there."

"I can vouch for that. It makes you look a lot older than you appear." Elena added on to Aria.

"So what, do we wait?"

"For what? Whoever this is wants us to hand over Charlotte's killer before election night. And they're getting impatient."

"Yeah? Well, does anyone wanna put some ointment on that impatience?" Aria showed them her bandaged wrist.

"Look, a free-range Mona is more likely to lead us someplace. Especially if she thinks we believe her."

"So, we believe her?" Elena asked, not processing this enough.

"We believe her enough."
_______________________

"She says it was an accident." Spencer said showing them her phone, with a selfie of Ali in the hospital.

"Do we believe that?"

"As much as I believe Aria being seared was an accident."

"What do you think, Spence?" Elena asked

"Uh, two out of six in the ER. That's 40%. It's 60 if you count what happened to Emily's eggs."

"Well, the odds aren't gonna get any better the closer we get to election night."

"Three days." Emily reminded them.

"Hey, so Ali's hospital is an hour away. I think I'm gonna go check up on her." Elena said, seeing if others wanted to go with her.

"She says she'll be back tomorrow." Aria informed her

"Maybe she should think about going in the opposite direction."

"Yeah, check on her, but don't freak her out. And it might be best if she stays away until after the election."

"What do we do about Mona?"

"Keep a close eye on her."

"You guys, Mona did not kill Charlotte. She couldn't." Hanna rushed to her defense