eighteen.

EMPTY GOLD.
018. | ❛ i can't lose anyone else i love.

Elena started getting changed into her elegant dress for the campaign party, but bringing an extra pair of spare clothes that she would change into afterwards.

Elena changed in the corner of her room, as she eyes Toby from the corner who was also changing, taking a quick peek at his abs. She bit her lip, before Toby caught her as smiling her way.

"Isn't that dress a little too tight?" Toby asked, coming behind Elena who made her way to the mirror as she applied some jewelry.

"Really? Then maybe later you wouldn't mind helping me get out of it?"

"Not that I'm not totally up for that, after tonight we will be exhausted."

Elena huffed as she sat down on the bed, Toby noticing that something was off with her. He kneeled in front of her, taking her hands into his.

"We are going to end this tonight, okay? Then we will have our wedding, and be happy." Elena was still looking down, somewhat happy at Toby's words.

"Tonight, we are playing a dangerous game. It's just- I can't lose anyone else I love."

"I think you found a way to get out of bed this morning. And that makes you the strongest person I know."

_____________________

Elena, Spencer, and Toby were in the basement of Radley, holding lanterns above their head to guide them in the dark abyss.

"One, two, three, four five, six, seven, eight." Spencer started to count her steps until she reached the destination.

"The door it's right behind here." Spencer pointed to the wall.

All of them put down their lanterns, as Toby tried to determine what he was going to do open it up.

"I can hammer through the drywall but I'm gonna need to saw through the plywood."

"I can do it."

"You remember how to use a power saw?"

"I had a good teacher." Spencer said pulling the handle, letting the power saw whirring.

After countless effort to open the wall, they got closer than before. A huge chunk of the wall was open as Elena leaned in giving Toby more light to hammer through.

It was until Spencer heard a sound that they stopped.

"Toby?" Elena whispered as she looked at the direction Spencer was to reveal a light being shown. Toby, pushed Elena behind her as he reached into his back pocket, getting his gun.

"Oh, my God. You brought your gun?" Elena whispered,

"Get behind me." He gestured to Spencer and Elena as they both moved behind Toby who was loading his gun.

Toby shouted,"I'm a police officer. Stop right there."

The flashlight shown right in their face causing the girls to cover their face until the person turned off the light.

"Mona. Are you still stalking us?" Spencer asked, very annoyed

"What are you looking for?"