Chapter 11

chapter eleven

[Nialls POV]

Before the dog.. Beast.. Thing can react, i duck farther into the darkness. I press my back between the wall and a shelf, sitting down with my legs hugged to my chest.

Please go away, please. Dont kill me, just leave me be. I dont want to die, please dont let me die. Oh god- God, why arent you helping here? For fucks sake, just because i didnt turn out completly human. Greg didnt and everyone loves him! Just, throw the dog a bone or something, please dont let it kill me!

"What is it, mutt?" A new voice snapped.

Probably an agent. Great. Fucking great!

"I used to have a cat.." The guard said mournfully. "He died.. Um.. Sorry.."

I dont even know this guards name and he is risking everything for me.

"Better safe than sorry." The agent smirks- well, it sounds like he's smirking.

The door opens, flooding light into the room. None of it hit me, luckily. I still sat in shady darkness. But the insistant sniffing grew louder, closer and suddenly-

"Niall?" He whispered, eyes wide in shock.

"Greg?" I hiss, smiling tearfully.

Rather suddenly, his arms are wrapped tightly around me. With a quiet sob, i return the hug tighter. We're both knelt, hugging for a few moments before a booming voice fills the room.

"Well, mutt?"

Greg growls, clutching the back of my shirt.

"Answer me!" The guy demands, his voice ringing with authority.

"No." Greg snaps.

There's a pause. A horrible pause. Greg glared out in the direction of the door, still hugging me- except the hug had turned more protective now.

"Where are you, you stupid dog?" The man demands, very.. VERY close.

Greg turned around, so that he was crouched infront of me. I tugged at the back of his shirt, trying to tell him to bloody run! But Greg isnt that type.

"Ah, look what we have here." The man grins down past Greg and at me. "That dead cat of yours, Mr jones.. He might be alive now. Dont worry, you'll morn your cat soon."

Greg growls, baring his teeth. With my ears flat against my head, back pressed against the wall and tail wrapping around my thigh i cant help but-

"Hey!" Someone yells.

Suddenly, the guy is getting hit with a frying pan. Louis' head then pops out, smirking and holding the pan.

"Hey Ni!" Louis chirps.

"Lou!" I gasp, leaping up and giving him a tight and thankful hug.

Greg wrapped his arms around us too, and i didnt miss the small 'thank you' he whispered to Louis.

God, that was the scariest fucking thing thats ever happened.

"Niall.." Someone sighed, pulling me out the hug- Zayn. "The news- That car.. I thought.."

Without bothering to finish his sentence, with a look of passion in his eyes, he grabs my cheeks and presses his lips against mine fiercly. I cant help but gasp, my eyes closing in responce. Zayn pulls back, smiling lightly. At first im confused at why he's grinning goofily at the floor, but then i notice my evil tail has curled around his thigh.

"Bloody tail.." I curse, chuckling awkwardly.

"Just snog already." Greg said, rolling his eyes. "You call that a kiss? Ni almost died, mate, go on!"

Laughing with confidence, Zayn does exactly what Greg suggested.

I cant say im complaining. Not at all. No sir.