Bokuto's First Girlfriend

Bokuto was really talented at volleyball, and was very social and energetic, so he had a lot of friends at school. Akaashi was pretty good at volleyball too, but wasn't recognized as much, being quiet and timid all the time. But even though Bokuto had a lot of friends besides Akaashi, Bokuto and Akaashi were best friends, so they mainly hung out with each other.

But at the age of 13, Bokuto had did what the two had never done before. He had brought someone to Bokuto's and Akaashi's special park.

It was after school and he had asked a girl named Kuroa (girl version of Kuroo lolif he could walk her home. She lived in the same neighborhood as him, so she decided it would be alright. Bokuto forced them to take a detour and he took her to the playground part of the park. As they stood in their grey school uniforms in front of a green slide, he confessed his feelings for her all in one breath. They had been friends for a little while, but Kuroa liked someone else. But the Bokuto who always had a wide grin on his face, was now bright red and nervous. She unconsciously replied yes, and with that Bokuto had his first girlfriend.

Akaashi had just witnessed all this while hiding in a bush nearby. Being 12, he didn't really understand because he had absolutely no interest in girls. And something that really bothered him, was that this bothered him. 'He can get a girlfriend if he wants. Right?' he thought. It's not like he was jealous or anything, he just didn't want that girl to separate the two. He felt this way because him and Bokuto are best friends, right?

At school, Akaashi could see the two talking and laughing nonstop. They held hands and hugged a lot. Akaashi felt annoyed by all this- he thought it was just because he couldn't hang out with Bokuto as much. But that couldn't really explain the pain and loneliness he felt in his little heart.

But after about 2 and a half weeks, Kuroa finally told Bokuto the truth, and that she liked someone else. At least that's the huge rumor Akaashi heard at school. Being different ages, they have different classes, so Akaashi would usually meet Bokuto in front of school to leave. But after waiting 10 minutes Akaashi decided to leave by himself. 'I knew it wasn't going to last long.' Akaashi sayed to himself. When he saw her reply to Bokuto that day, it looked like she did it out of sympathy and just didn't want to hurt Bokuto's feelings. The whole 2 and a half weeks of their "relationship", was kind of no different than there regular friendship. Excluding Kuroa holding Bokuto's hand and hugging him.

Akaashi headed to the park and saw from a distance that Bokuto was already there laying on the bright green grass underneath a tree. Akaashi expected to see Bokuto crying or something, but he wasn't. He was on his back looking up at the clear sky.

"Who was the guy she ended up liking?" Akaashi nonchalantly asked. He was never extremely good at empathy, and how to handle situations like this. So why not just go straight to the point?

"It was actually a girl named Kinma, (girl version of Kenma I guess) or whatever." Bokuto responded. Akaashi of course laughed as loud as he could. Bokuto has been dumped by a girl, for another girl.
Bokuto sat up and looked at Akaashi, who was now sitting down next to him.

"I'm not depressed or anything thanks for asking!" Bokuto exclaimed.

"Sorry. But why are you even sad?"

"It's just... I wish she would've said no when I asked her in the beginning. She lied to spare my feelings and acted like she felt bad for me."

"But you got to spend all that time with her!"Akaashi said.

"I always knew she didn't like me, but I guess I tried to ignore it so I could hang out with her. Even then she never even smiled and had as much fun as I was having. She acted as if she was forced to be with me."

Akaashi sat there looking away, not knowing what to say.

"Bokuto-san I'm sorr-"

"No need to feel bad for me too." Bokuto interrupted him.

"Just promise one thing." Bokuto continued.

"What?"

"Promise you'll always be by my side, and tell me when your not having fun, and don't let girls come between us!" Bokuto said enthusiastically. Akaashi was glad he was back to normal.

"Wait Bokuto-san, that's 3 things. And your the one who chose a girl over me! But alright as long as you promise those things too." Akaashi answered.

"Deal." They then did their special handshake and added a pinkie promise.

"Best friends forever."

____________________________________________________________

 ;)

-orange