6.

Lilac ran around like a headless chicken as soon as she got home. She took down her Michael Jackson frame and hid it in her wardrobe, not wanting Michael to think that she was a stalker (she was). She shoved her vinyls into a cupboard, all except for 'Bad', which she leant against her record player.

Lilac dusted and vacuumed, mopped and washed, ironed and made the beds. She made sure Michael's room was perfect before she collapsed onto her own bed. In this case, 'cleanliness' was definitely next to 'godliness'.

She fell asleep fully clothed, completely unaware of what was going to happen tomorrow when she met Michael Joseph Jackson...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michael raked a hand through his black curls and slipped on his sunglasses as his private jet came in to land. He was still annoyed at Frank, but he didn't want to disappoint the people of Gary.

At least he wasn't staying in a hotel. The mayor of Gary had arranged for him to stay over at his daughter's house, which would be a nice change for Michael.

As the plane came into land, descending towards the runway, Michael gripped his armrests until his knuckles turned white and squeezed his eyes shut. After almost twenty-five years of this, he was still scared of flying.

Michael could hear people screaming outside as the plane came to a stop, which was obviously the norm for him. He lifted the shade over his window and looked out, unable to contain the huge grin on his face. These people were screaming for him. If cheers and screams were money, Michael would've been the richest man in the world.

When the seatbelt sign flicked off, Michael stood up, rolled his neck and shook his legs. "Come on, Mike. I don't wanna stay in here a moment longer." Frank said.

"Fine, fine. I'm coming." Michael sighed.

Michael walked over to the plane's exit, and started making his way down the stairs, waving to his fans and smiling. The screaming rose about three octaves.

Mark Williams, the mayor of Gary, was waiting at the bottom of the stairs for Michael. With him were his wife, whom Michael recognised from his childhood days in Gary. Then, he saw Lilac. He had never forgotten Lilac. They didn't really keep in touch after Michael became famous, but Michael knew that that was her.

As Michael laid eyes on Lilac, he was noticeably taken aback. She had beautiful dark skin, and gorgeous brown ringlets that tumbled over her shoulders. She was wearing a simple black dress that looked amazing on her, with a diamond necklace and matching black heels.

And that was the girl who broke his arm and changed his world forever...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lilac sucked in a big breath as she laid eyes on Michael. He was wearing a black jacket with a red armband, gold buttons and red and yellow collar, black slacks and black boots with silver, metal plating on them. His signature black sunglasses covered his eyes, and his curls were tied back in a messy ponytail.

He had never looked more perfect.

As Michael reached the bottom of the stairs, he turned as faced Mark.

"Lovely to meet you, Mr. Jackson! Welcome back to Gary." Mark said, shaking Michael's hand firmly.

"Thank you." Michael said, nodding.

Michael moved on to Rachael, and kissed both her cheeks. "Thank you for coming, Michael!" Lilac's mother said.

"My pleasure."

Then, Michael was standing in front of Lilac.

Lilac stood there for what felt like an eternity, gaping like a goldfish. Michael just laughed and pulled her in for a hug, kissing her cheek.

"Long time no see, Lilac. You look gorgeous in that dress. I can't wait to spend more time with you." He whispered in Lilac's ear, quietly enough so that no one else would hear.

"Oh my God. You... remember me?" Lilac said, smiling.

"'Course I do." Michael took off his sunglasses and winked at her, moving on to greet his fans.

Lilac barely heard the commotion behind her as Michael signed autographs. Her mind was a jumble of thoughts.

Wait... did I dust that cupboard in his room?

Oh my God, was he flirting with me?

I AM GOING TO PASS OUT.

You played with him when you were little, idiot. Why are you freaking out?

She bit her lip, hiding her smile, and intertwined her hands together

Lilac just knew that she was never, ever going to forget the time she spent with Michael Jackson.

And you bet she didn't.

+

I'm quite happy with this chapter, so I hope you enjoy it!

And just some clarification, Mark hasn't been the mayor for like 22 years. In this book, he was recently re-elected as mayor. Just to let you know.

- Nat.