7.

"You will find me, yeah you will find me. In places that we've never been, for reasons we don't understand."

- One Direction, 'Walking In The Wind'

+

Once Michael and Lilac had arrived back at her house, via limo, Lilac left him alone as she had to buy some milk. Michael took this brilliant opportunity as a chance to do some snooping. He'd snooped through Diana Ross' suitcases and several other celebrities' bedrooms, so this wasn't new to him.

He walked slowly through the small house, his black loafers barely making a sound on the wooden floorboards, until he found Lilac's bedroom.

Her walls were all white, as was her quilt cover and pretty much everything else. Michael walked over to her record player, where his own album 'Bad' was displayed. Smirking, he picked it up and sild out the vinyl record. But there was something else in there, a single page of creased notebook paper.

Michael unfolded the bit of paper to find that Lilac had taken notes on every song on the album.

She had written almost two paragraphs on both 'Liberian Girl' and 'Man In The Mirror', talking about how beautiful those songs were.

Michael couldn't contain the smile on his face as he re-folded the note and slid in back into album case. Maybe he'd perform them for her later.

He moved onto her drawers, where he found nothing interesting, but he did blush furiously when he found her underwear.

In her wardrobe, Michael found that framed poster of him in 'Thriller' that Lilac tried so desperately to hide. He giggled. He was grateful that he was going to be living with a fan- and not someone who hated him.

But as it was 1987 and Michael was at the peak of his fame, pretty much everyone loved him and his music.

Michael heard a lock turning in the door, and he felt a rush of adrenaline as he raced into the living room, flopped onto the couch and picked up the closet magazine- which happened to be a Women's Weekly. He opened it quickly just as Lilac walked through the door.

"Hi. Having fun there, reading Women's Weekly?"  Lilac laughed.

Michael blushed and looked at the cover. "Oh yeah, I'm really into... knitting." He said, flipping back to the page he was pretending to read.

"Great, you can knit me a sweater then."

"Fine then. It will be the best goddamned sweater you will ever receive."

Lilac laughed again, and then winced as she banged her elbow against the wall.

And Michael felt it too.

"Ow." They said simultaneously, both rubbing their elbows. They looked up at each other in alarm.

"Wait... You felt that too?" Lilac said. The colour drained from Michael's face as he nodded 'yes'.

"Oh my God..." She whispered.

"Ok, ok. I'll go into another room and hurt myself. You tell me where I hurt myself. Ok?" Michael said, standing up and backing out of the room slowly.

"Yeah, ok."

Michael left, and a few moments later Lilac felt a sharp pain in her big toe. He ran back in. "Big toe." She said breathlessly.

"Holy shit." Michael said, slumping onto the sofa. "Did you get a letter from Rose?" He asked.

Lilac nodded. "I'll go get it,"

She came back, holding an envelop identical to the one Michael received. He took it from her, pulled out the letter and skimmed over it.

"I can't believe this. I am connected to Michael Jackson. This unbelievable."

There was a moment of silence.

"What do we do now?" Lilac asked.

Michael sighed. "I suppose you should come on tour with me. I just found you- we're not going to be separated again."

"Don't be ridiculous. I can't just come on tour with you. I have a job at Sears that I just got, and my parents will ask questions. So will your management."

"Sure, they'll ask questions. Doesn't mean I'll answer them. It's my tour- I'll do what I like."

"You haven't thought over this properly."

"No, I haven't, and I'm sure not going to. That'll make things five times worse."

Lilac felt her head spinning, so she sat down next to Michael, and started to rub her temples.

"You do realise that we are supposed to get married and make love and have babies, right?" She said, looking at Michael.

He sighed heavily. "Yes. And here we are, living together. No offence, but I'm not doing anything of the, er... sexual nature until we, you know, fall in love."

His cheeks flushed red and his eyes widened. "Jeez. We are actually supposed to fall in love. Normally you don't know when that is going to happen, if you know what I mean."

It was Lilac's turn to sigh. "I know what you mean." She picked up her set of keys.

"I might go for a walk, if you don't mind. I need to clear my head."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lilac had been obsessed with Michael ever since 'Off The Wall'. She bought his albums. She squealed when he released new material. She crowded around the television with her friends to watch the premiere of his newest music video on MTV. She had heart-eyes when she looked at his picture. She put away money for concert tickets. She thought she meant nothing to him- she was just another of his millions of fans. Nothing more. But this had changed everything. She was now about to be the person in his life who meant the most to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michael had only vaguely remembered Lilac from his childhood in Gary, and now he was supposed to spend the rest of his life with her? He had strictly never dated a fan, and now... this. She was a fan- that much was obvious. Her father was the mayor of Gary and her mother was a seamstress and helped his mother sew costumes for the Jackson 5. Her last name was Williams. She was 28. And... that's about it. That was all he knew about her. And he had a letter from a nurse called Rose Johnson telling him that he was supposed to protect her, look after her and marry her.

Could things get any weirder?

+

omg they found out *gasping emoji*

I hoped you enjoyed this chapter! The trailer for this book is attached, if you hadn't already seen it (I put it in a chapter of the MJ Bible).

I will try and update soonish.

- Nat.