7-New life

July 31, 2014
Natalie POV
"Kate are you sure your ok?" Sophia asked me with worry in her voice. "Yes I'm sure," I say as I try to continue to work through the nauseating stomach cramps. "Kate I promised Alec I would keep an eye on you while he was gone, if something happens to you while he is out of town for these couple days he will never forgive me," she say pleading with me. "Fine but you have to promise not to call Alec because I'm sure it's nothing," I say in a warning tone. "I can't promise that but I promise I want call unless it turns out to be something bad," she say compromising with me. "Ok, I not feeling very well and I'm having some cramps," I say not looking her in the eyes. "Kate we have to get you to a doctor it could be serious," she say before grabbing the keys and making her way to the door.

We had been in the hospital for over an hour before I was finally taken back to see a doctor and I could tell Sophia was getting nervous as my pain grew worse and we still didn't know what was wrong with me. "Just call him," I tell her feeling bad about making her handle this alone and not allowing her to obey Alec's order. "I actually already did about forty minutes ago," she said honestly. "Is that why you look so scared, you think I would get mad at you when Alec makes it here?" I ask her. "Kinda," she say shrugging her shoulders. "It's fine," I say just before I hear Alec's voice outside the door and he did not sound happy. "I'm going to go back out to the waiting room since Alec is here, you let me know if I can do anything," she says before walking out the door and leaving just as Alec walks in with a doctor in tow. "I'm so sorry for the wait miss but we will get you checked out and see what's going on," the doctor apologizes as he hooks me up to a Fetal Heart Doppler. "It's fine really," I say not wanting him to think I'm angry. "It's not ok Kate something could be really wrong with you or the baby, you should have called me as soon as all this started I could have gotten you immediate care," he say scolding me in a worried tone. "I'm sorry I didn't want to bother you," I say as a wave I've pain comes causing me to get sick and I am unable to keep from throwing up. "As the babies heart beat begins to sound throughout the room I could tell something was wrong as it didn't sound the same as the last time I heard it. "We need to do a sonogram because something is causing your babies heart rate to drop and we have to get it back up or we will have to take her early," he say before quickly running out the room. My heart sank at the though of something happening to my baby especially since she is the only thing I have left of Andrew. "Everything is going to be ok, I will get all the best doctors here or whatever it takes to make sure you and your baby makes it out alive," Alec says as he sits on the bed beside me and holds me in his arms comforting me but I just sit here emotionless as I think of my life without her.

"So your saying the umbilical cord is wrapped around my babies neck chocking the life out of her," I say with tears streaming down my face. "Yes and the only way to save you both is if we do an emergency c-section," the doctor say not really giving me mush time to think about things. "Let's do it," Alex says to the doctor without hesitation. "With all respect sir we can't do it unless she agrees to it," the doctor says looking at me. "Let's do it," I say my voice cracking in fear. "Ok then let's get you on back," the doctor say as he begins putting an epidural in my back.

Alec POV
As I stand beside Kate and wait for her baby to come into the world I can't help but feel helpless as I see the fear in her eyes at the thought of loosing her child. I also feel guilty at keeping that Andrew is alive and so is his father for now but I know I have to keep it to myself if I want to keep her safe and keep her for running after him. I will not let her walk out of my life after all I have done to protect her and I will do anything to keep Andrew from walking back into her life after all these years. "She is here," I hear the doctor say as he pulls the baby out. "Why isn't she crying," I hear Kate say in a panic as the room grew silent. The doctors and the nurses begin to work on the baby quickly. "What's wrong with her why isn't she crying," Kate screams out in a panic. "Mam we are doing all we can," the doctor say as the nurses rush the baby out the room and the doctor begin sewing Kate up. "Please go check on her," Kate begs me. "Ok," I say a bit hesitant but then so as she says.

"How is she," I ask as I walk up to her crib and see her hooked up to a machine which was helping breath life into her. "She doing better she just needs a little help breathing," the nurse says as she picks her up and places her little body in my arms. "I don't know if is should," I say as I try to hand her back. "It's fine you want break her, trust me all fathers feel the same way you do when the hold there babies for the first time," she says as she directs me to a rocking chair. I sit down and begin rocking her gently as I study her face, noticing how much she looks like Kate. "Haze anyone told Kate that she is ok?" I ask the nurse. "Yes we have informed her and she has asked that we tell you to stay with little Gracie Ann Hale until a she can come see her," the nurse say and I feel grateful that she trust me with her baby girl and that she would give her my last name. "I promise I will do everything in my power to protect you an your mother forever my sweet baby girl?" I tell her before placing a small kiss on the top of her head.

Vote please!!!