Chapter 13: Deacon Offers To Help

Sorry for that shitty chapter lmao. This one will be better and longer...hopefully...

On with the chapter my lovelies!!!

And I'm really sorry for being gone for so long. My health has gotten in the way and I have been in and out of the ER for a little bit and I have a ton of doc appointments. But I'm trying haha.

Thank you for understanding!!

----------------------------------

Ace

"Well this is a pleasant surprise." Deacon smiled as he closed his office door.

"Why do you say that?" I asked.

"Because you willingly came here." Deacon chuckled.

I rolled my eyes and sat on the couch. "We are mates, aren't we?"

"Yes we are." Deacon smiled softly as he stared at me.

Creepy.

"That's not why we are here. We have had some things come up and the girls and I were thinking." I explained breaking the awkward silence.

"What's up?"

I looked over to the girls and they nodded along with Wes and Mike.

They weren't too thrilled with sharing our land with the person who tried to wipe us out, but they know that we could really use the help. They still didn't like him though.

"I think it would be better for both of us if we conjoined our packs." I said out loud.

Deacon choked a little and started coughing.

"Are you okay?" Zylen asked trying really hard not to laugh.

Deacon nodded while he hit his chest and continued coughing. "Ya. I'm good."

"Then why did you choke?" Zylen asked while a slight giggle.

'Behave.' I laughed through the link.

'I am. It was just really funny to see Deacon choke up a bit.' Zylen smirked as she winked at me and sat back in the chair.

"Because I always thought I would be the one asking first. Not Ace." Deacon smiled. "Not that I don't like the idea, I do, what made you ask that?"

"We had a run in with a rogue and something happened." I explained.

"What happened?" Gabriel asked.

"We were having a pack meeting and some of our patrol team ran in." Colby sighed. "They were carrying a box."

"Containing?" Deacon asked leaning forward.

"One of our pack member's head." I finished. "It was April. She was a great friend of mine and an excellent fighter. Her and her parents were some of the few remaining pack members we had left when Lawson attacked."

"A head?" Zane asked as I nodded. "A fucking head. What kind of sick fuck do you have to be to send a head of a member to their own pack?"

"Lawson." Colby spat.

Zane nodded. "Well I'm glad that you guys came over here. I think it would be an excellent idea for our packs to combine."

"We thought it would be best. Two great and strong packs combined." I added. "Lawson is building an army. I don't know how many people he has with him, but we have to think of something."

"So what exactly happened?" Deacon asked as Gabriel and Zane paid close attention.

"We were doing our regular patrol routes." Wes said speaking up. "We were almost done with that area, but April smelled something. It was this rotting, stinky, potent smell."