Epilogue

PLEASE GO READ MY NEW CHAPTER IN MY UPDATES BOOK. IT WILL EXPLAIN EVERYTHING!!!!

Fair warning. I'm writing this during work and I only have so much time. But I'm trying to make it good. I'm really sorry guys!

Anywhore...Time for the epilogue!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ace

I walked up to my mom's gravestone and sat down in front of it. I turned to my left and sighed as I saw my dad's gravestone. And this time, he was actually dead.

About a month ago, I went to check on him and I found him lying on the floor. Dead.

I closed my eyes tight and let out a deep breath.

'I don't know if I should be happy about it or not.' Ava sighed. 'I mean he is your dad, but at the same time, the bastard tried to kill us.'

'Not kill.' I reminded her. 'Just lock us in a room.'

'Same thing.' Ava snorted. 

I let out a chuckle and laid on my back so I could look up at the sky.

It was getting close to 8 o'clock, so the sun was setting. 

"The sunset looks so pretty." I whispered to myself.

'Got that right.' Ava agreed. 

The sky was turning darker by the second, but the gorgeous blend of pink, orange, and red still lingered in the sky.

"There you are." I heard a deep voice.

I looked to my right and saw Deacon walking towards me with a smile.

He laid down next to me and looked up at the sky also.

"Whatcha thinking about?" He asked.

"Not much really." I replied still staring at the sky. I smiled as I saw a small star poke out. "Just kinda laying here I guess. Thinking about stuff."

"What stuff?" Deacon asked as he turned his head to look at me.

I smiled. "Stuff."

Deacon chuckled and nudged me with his elbow. "You're such a brat."

"Yes. But I'm your brat." I winked.

He nodded proudly. "That you are."

After a long time of silence, he spoke up again.

"I'm really sorry Ace." He said quietly.

I turned my head and looked over at him. "About what?"

"Your father." He whispered quietly.

I gave him a small smile. "It's okay."

"I know but still. I feel bad. Even if he did try to kill me." Deacon chuckled quietly.

I laughed at that. "Ya, but he's in a better place. Probably viewing life differently now."

"Ya he was pretty crazy."

I smiled. "Ya he was. But I can actually look past that and only see the good memories that I had with him when I was a kid. Although I will never understand why he did what he did, but he was following his gut. Even though it was for the wrong reason, I can't stay mad at him. I still can't believe he's gone Deacon."

Deacon sighed and softly grabbed my hand. "I know love. But did you ever find out who poisoned his food?"

I shook my head. "I was thinking it could have been one of the cooks, but they aren't able to get their hands on any wolfsbane. So I thought it was one of the scientists, but they don't have access to any type of food because of the chemicals they work with."

"Maybe they tagged teamed?" Deacon shrugged.

I shrugged back. "I guess we'll never know."

After about two weeks of investigating, I gave up. My trackers couldn't find any trace of wolfsbane anywhere, only inside my dad's cell. 

But it also made me wonder if they were really looking for it or not. I mean I can't blame them because my dad did try to kill them. But at the same time, I was a little disappointed that we couldn't find who murdered my dad. 

Oh well...I guess the world may never know.

After awhile, I finally got up.

"Well shit." I laughed to myself as Deacon started to stand up.

"When did it get dark?" Deacon asked laughing.

"No idea." I giggled as he wrapped his arm around me and pulled me close. "But we should probably head back."

"Ya. It's getting cold." He replied as we made our journey back to our house. 

I slowly put my hands on my stomach and smiled.

'When are you gonna tell him?' Ava asked excitedly.

I rubbed my stomach and my smile grew bigger. 'I don't know yet. I wanna surprise him.'

'Ooh!' Ava squealed. 'I'm excited for that!'

'Me too.' I laughed quietly. 'Me too.'

--------------------------------------------

AWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!! Surprising husbands and gender reveals are so fucking cute haha. 

And yes I know....it's very short and I am so sorry for that. But I'm almost done with work, so now I get to focus on His Dead Mate!!!!!! :D

But until next time my little fluffy pretties!

-Austin