Pudding Pie

Chapter 5

Albus didn't speak for a moment. He was uncertain if even heard the Headmistress correctly. Isabella and Scorpius... Alone... On a trip north... Where it's cold... Merlin! What if they hit it off! He knew helping a brat like Scorpius was going to smack his rear end eventually. He didn't realize so soon, and he let his imagination run wild. There was one thing he could do. He could sneak onto the trip somehow, stuff himself in Scorpius's trunk or something. The boy would never see it coming! His heart fell apart in his chest. The trip was suppose to help him, not separate them.

"I won't go," Scorpius sighed, running one hand through his hair, "If it makes you stop looking at me like I just murdered your mother." Albus's glare only intensified, his eyes darkening with hatred.

"Then I won't go," Isabella added, "what would be the point going by myself? And without Piers, it defeats the entire purpose!"

Albus growled, annoyed, "I'd rather you go."

"Maybe you can talk McGonagall into letting you go, now that Piers isn't," Scorpius offered, "That leaves an option spot, right? So maybe..."

"Which reminds me," Isabella put her hands on her hip, "What on this good earth did you do to that poor soul? I swear, if I find him hanging in your dorm by his toes-"

Albus smirked,"You'll turn us into fly-eatin loads of-" Scorpius snickered.

"You know what!" She glared at him, "Maybe I will go to finally get a break away from you!" She pushed herself away from the table and stormed towards the courtyard. Albus immediately cursed himself and stood to follow, but Scorpius grabbed his sleeve.

"Let her go, man," he said, "Following a pissed chick isn't going to get you anything but a shower of holy hell. Seriously. Trust me."

"Trust you?" Albus's glare returned. Scorpius nodded. "Trusting you got my on the trip to Durmstrang?"

"Trusting me got Piers off it."

"And maybe Isabella too! That doesn't solve any of my problems. I still got 3 months left with them snogging as if I'm not watching!"

"You don't seriously watch them, do you?" Scorpius cracked a smile, "Just talk to the headmistress, see if she can switch things around. What do you have to lose?"

"My time and energy?"

"You got plenty of that. We're only 17."

***

Pudding Pie. It happened to be McGonagall's secret password into getting past the rotating golden eagle. She had claimed to Dumbledore's old office years after he had passed. Albus found himself outside a wooden door, and old face made of bronze was the knocker. He looked skeptically at Albus, rotating his nose as if it itched. He knocked with his knuckles, not using the brass ring between the knocker's lips. The door opened, slowly at first, to reveal a library lit by candlelight and a desk squatting in the center.

A cat was asleep on the desk, purring a smooth song to breath. The floor was tiled with grey stones and portraits hung along the walls of previous headmasters: A greyed wizard with blue robes, a pale man with a hooked nose and a black cloak, and a painting in progress of Minerva McGonagall wearing her green velvet.

"Oh geeze," muttered the darker painting. He turned his nose upwards when he saw Albus, "It's Potter's spawn." The older one simply smiled softly but didn't say anything. He looked down at the plaques beneath each portrait, his cheeks flaming with embarrassment when he realized: These were the brave people he was supposedly named after.

"Mr. Potter?" Minerva walked him behind him, one eyebrow raised above the other.

"Ah!" he turned in surprise, "I- I was just going to ask-"