Chapter 1

• Dedicated to Raven Davies

This is a story that I made in high school because I was bored and because my love Raven said she wanted me to write a story about her. So this whole story is dedicated to her. Everything in this story is mine but the band. Sadly, I wish I did own the lead singer (and band) so that I could give him (them) to Raven.

*********************************************************************************************************

She was daydreaming again. Dreaming about him. About how beautiful he was and how she could just hear him crooning to her when she met him. If she met him. That was one of the main reasons she was going to Finland. She wanted to see him, if only a glimpse, while she was on her class trip. He was so beautiful! There wasn't a minute of her day that passed that she didn't think of him.

"Raven! Helloo! Are you listening to me?!"

And that was one of the reasons that she did stop thinking of him. Her friend just didn't like him.

"Brandi, stop it. Ow! That hurt!" Brandi hit Raven in the arm, making Raven let out a yelp.

Sitting next to Brandi on a plane for almost 12 straight hours had left Raven nothing to do but think. After all Brandi had been staring at the steward for half that time. His name was Johnny. He would come down the aisle every hour or so and ask if anyone wanted anything. But he was the same as Brandi. He would just stare at Brandi as he did his rounds. Neither of them would say anything to the other and it was maddening to Raven. She had never seen her friend so shy. As Johnny came back by, Brandi let out a sigh.

"Why don't you just talk to him already?" Raven asked exasperatedly. "You know he'd probably talk back. He doesn't bite, I think."

"No. Did you see how he wouldn't even barely talk to you? I think he's shy. So what would be the use?"

"Well, he keeps making goo-goo eyes at you."

"No he doesn't!" Brandi blushed violently.

"Fine. If you don't talk to him, I'll talk to him for you."

"Raven, don't!"

"Why not?"

"Because I can talk to him myself."

"Okay then do it."

With that, Raven ended the argument. Brandi just sat there and stared at the back of Johnny's head. A lull in their conversation, Raven fell back on thinking of him. She thought about what she would say to him if she met him. Probably that she adored him.

Suddenly Raven had an idea about how to get Brandi to talk to Johnny. She turned towards Brandi and said, "I have to go to the bathroom," then yelled, "Johnny! Come talk to this girl!"

Brandi squealed and tried to grab Raven's arm but Raven was already down the aisle and Johnny was on his way. Curious people were also looking around to see what all the yelling was about. Brandi sat petrified as he made his way closer.

"Did you need something ma'am?" he asked quietly.

She looked down. "Not really."

"Well if you would excuse me then--"

"No wait! My name is Brandi."

"Okay.... My name is Johnny, as I told you before."

"Well Johnny, would you like to sit down?"

"I really shouldn't but... okay."

As Raven came back from the bathroom, she slowed to watch Brandi. She and Johnny were really talking. He had sat in Raven's seat and was watching Brandi adoringly, who sat there, smiling, and listening to Johnny. Raven started walking again. As she grew level with her row, Brandi and Johnny both looked as if they had been caught doing something wrong. He jumped up and told her he would see her later. She smiled then looked at the windo as Raven resumed her seat.  The rest of the trip was quiet between the girls.

As they landed, Raven became more and more excited. She was finally in Finland! She'd dreamed about this moment from the first time she'd found out about him. Brandi became excited too. She wouldn't tell Raven why as Raven kept pestering her. She just smiled a secret smile to herself.

In the airport, the two found their luggage and headed for the door. At the door there were lots of chauffuers holding signs with people's names on them. Surprisingly their names were on one of them. They walked to the man and then followed him to a limo. Raven climbed in first as the man was loading her cases into the trunk. She looked back out the door and saw that Brandi was still standing on the sidewalk.

"Come on Brandi. Get in. You can't stand there forever," Raven stated impatiently. She wanted to get to the hotel so she could start exploring Helsinki.

"But...."

"What's wrong with you?"

"I was supposed to meet Johnny after we got our stuff."

"Fine. I guess I'll wait with you."

The two weren't waiting for more than five minutes when they saw Johnny approaching. He smiled shyly at Raven and looked expectantly at Raven. Brandi got up and held his hand, both looking at Raven.

"What? What are you waiting for? Go and get with is," she exclaimed.

"But I don't wanna leave you all by yourself!"

"I'll be fine by myself. Do you want me to stay with you guys?"

At that statement, they both turned red. They both shook their heads. They turned their backs to Raven and walked off in the opposite direction.