Chapter 9

Raven was at home and bored. She’d been home for two days and still hadn’t finished unpacking. Now that she wasn’t with Ville she didn’t feel like doing anything. But tomorrow was different. She would start her new job, or jobs. Raven had decided to take on a few odd jobs for the people in her neighborhood before school started again.  Anything to help get her mind off Ville. But little did she know that Ville was coming to her. He had told her that he was going on tour but not that it was a world tour. That meant he would be in the U.S. and while he was there, he planned on getting Raven!

               It had been almost two weeks since Raven had gotten home from overseas. She was happy with her jobs since they were mostly slacker jobs, which Raven liked the most. She wasn’t a very energetic person.

It was Thursday so that night after work Raven went out to eat. She went to a new restaurant called ‘The Silver Chair’ that she had been dying to try. It was fancy but very inexpensive. When Raven arrived, she put her name down on the waiting list. She sat outside on an empty bench as she waited for her name to be called. After five minutes, her cell phone rang. The caller ID said ‘Unknown.’ She answered anyway.

“Hello?”

“Is Raven there?” The voice sounded familiar….

“This is Raven. Who is this?”

“Oh Raven. This is Ville! Have you forgotten me already?”

“Oh my god, Ville! I didn’t know it was you. My phone said unknown. But what are you calling for?”

“Can’t I just call my girl to talk?” He sounded hurt.

“I’m sorry. It’s just that I’m out right now.”

“With another guy? How could you do this to me Raven?”

“No, no, just myself!”

Raven heard Ville and the rest of the guys in the background, laughing. “Just kidding! I know you wouldn’t do that. Anyway, I need to know your address.”

“Very funny guys,” she said, louder for them all to hear. “Why do you need my address?”

“I’m bored and I wanna write you a letter. It seems we are going to have to sit and wait for someone.”

“For the tour?”

“Yeah.”

“Okay. I have to go though. My table is ready. Call me later, alright? Bye.”

An hour later Raven pulled into her driveway. It had taken her almost 45 minutes for her food to arrive, the restaurant was that busy. But the food was good and it hadn’t taken Raven long to eat. Then she’d sat for a few minutes to digest. Getting out of her car, Raven looked around and saw a big black van in her driveway that was unfamiliar to her. She thought maybe her parents had bought another car and let it slip from her mind.

As she opened the front door she called out to her parents. But no one answered. Her parents would have told her if they were coming to visit though, right? Inside, no lights were on and nothing seemed to have been touched. Raven walked into the kitchen, flipped the lights on, and screamed. Sitting at her kitchen table was none other than Linde, Burton, Gas and Mige. The only one missing was Ville.

“What are you guys doing here?” she exclaimed. “I thought you were waiting for someone, somewhere?”

Linde stood and gave the shocked Raven a hug. “Yes, it’s nice to see you too.”

Gas stood up next. “We were waiting. For you. For about 45 minutes now.”

“You take a mighty long time to be out.” Mige just sits, too comfortable to move. Burton nodded in agreement.

“Unlike you guys, I like to taste my food. You just wolf it down,” Raven scoffed. “So where is Ville? Didn’t he come?”

“He’s around. Probably still waiting. He wasn’t lying when he said he wanted to write you a letter.” Gas walked around, opening cabinet doors. “Say, do you have any food? We’ve been waiting for you and haven’t eaten yet.”

Raven groaned. “I have lots. Just don’t eat it all please. In fact, there’re leftovers in the fridge you can eat.”

She left the kitchen in search of Ville. She went down the hall and looked in every room. She found no one until she came to her own room. She opened the door slowly and heard soft music coming from inside.

Lying on her bed and playing her guitar was Ville. The curtain was drawn so he was lying in a pool of cool moonlight. Raven couldn’t take her eyes off of him. Ville stared back as he kept playing.

“Are you gonna come in? Seeing as this is your room and all.” At this, she stepped into the room and gently shut the door behind her.

Raven sat next to Ville on the bed as he started to sing. When he had finished he put the guitar down and grabbed Raven. He held her in his arms and kissed her.

“Babe, I want to ask you something. We came all the way from Dallas and got the day off to do this,” he whispered in a sexy voice.

Raven shivered, and it wasn’t just from him whispering. She kinda liked being called ‘babe.’ :You came all the way from Dallas? Why?”

Ville smiled. “To as k if you would join us on tour!”

Raven thought she was going to die. “I would love to! When do we leave?”

“Tomorrow. But we have tonight still.” He lay back on Raven’s bed, pulling her with him, as she yawned hugely. “I think it’s time to sleep. I’m a bit tired myself.”

Raven lay in Ville’s arms, thinking how happy she was at this moment. But her thoughts were slowing and she could no longer keep her eyes open.

“I love you Raven, my sweetheart,” he whispered against her hair.

“…I love you too, my love,” she barely whispered back before they both fell asleep in each other’s arms.