Chapter 10 *Semi finals*

*Rheed's POV*

I angrily hang up the phone.

Well as angrily as you can get with an iPhone.

I mean, all you can do is press 'end call' really hard, but still, I'm angry.

Shannon and I had another fight. After our duet the other night I thought things were going ok, I could've almost called her my friend.

That all came crashing down when I refused to go to her cousins wedding with her. I had a gig to play. She'd said I was focussing on my career too much.

What career?

The only reason I'm doing these gigs is to get my career started.

Women.

Nevertheless, what little relationship we had is definitely over.

I have to get her off my mind anyway, it's the semi finals tonight and we intend to dominate. Especially since we're up against the Bellas and the Trebles. One of us won't make it and it sure as won't be us that get left behind.

I've planned some good songs tonight, firstly a tribute to my dad (which I feel inclined to tell Beca about but in shouldn't reveal any semi final plans). We've also planned a rendition of 'Domino' by Jessie J. I found the rendition on YouTube by some Australian boy-band called the Collective. The best bit was an original rap added into the song by one of the members. I'd shot off a quick email to them asking if it was ok if we sang it with their rap, which they'd been rapt about (haha what a pun).

No one was going to stop us this time around. There'd be no draw.

*Beca's POV*

Oh my god I am going to kill Jesse.

What a disrespectful little dick he was to the Sonics.

I don't want to repeat what he said but there were some racist comments there...

"It's us again this year, Beca." He'd said. "We have this in the bag." Then he rattled off his horrible insults.

Of course I had to retaliate saying that there was no way that the Trebles could beat the Sonics.

By that point we were screaming.

I close my eyes and slowly massage my temples. I can't worry about Jesse now. The semis are only in a few hours, I've got to focus.

*Semi Finals*

We bound of the stage, very happy with our performance. A place at the final is in the bag. Even though I hate to admit it, Shannon was spectacular.

I don't stay back with the rest the girls and decide to watch the Sonics from backstage.

"Good luck." I breathe as Rheed breezes past me. I don't think he hears.

"Hey there."

I turn around and see Jesse. He and the Trebles performed earlier, but they were a little rusty. I can tell he's worried.

"I'm sorr-" He begins. I cut him off my lightly pressing my lips to his.

"It's ok." I smile.

"Give it up for the Sonics!" I turn my attention back the stage as the Sonics walk confidently onto the stage.

A hush falls over the crowd as they begin.

Rheed: I walked across an empty land 

I knew the pathway like the back of my hand