epilogue

*Rheed’s POV*

I never really liked playing the piano. My brothers (and my dad sometimes) always bagged me for it when I was a kid. Mum loved it though. She payed for my lessons with her own money and everything. Her dad used to play it for her all the time when she was growing up in Manchester before they moved to Australia. So when he died I had to keep playing, for her. But she let me learn the guitar as well, and then drums. That’s all though, I promise (except for the recorder but every Australian kid learns that in primary school).   I planned to give up the piano when we dads job took us to Boston but it just seemed like I couldn’t. The piano was like some ex-girlfriend that I couldn’t shake off.

‘Why is this relevant?’ I hear you ask. Well at the present moment I am sitting in front of a piano in the auditorium waiting and my thoughts often tend to drift. Why don’t I play something? That’s a good idea, dear reader, very good idea. 

Rheed: Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'll be the one, if you want me to

Anywhere I would've followed you

Say something, I'm giving up on you

Rheed and Beca: And I am feeling so small

It was over my head

I know nothing at all

Oh fan-flippin-tastic. Of course she’s here. Why wouldn’t she be? I always seem to luck out.

Rheed and Beca: And I will stumble and fall

I'm still learning to love

Just starting to crawl

This isn’t ok, why is she here? She keeps coming closer what do I d0?

Say something, I'm giving up on you

I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you

Anywhere I would've followed you

Say something, I'm giving up on you

And I will swallow my pride

You're the one that I love

And I'm saying goodbye

Ok she is very close.

Say something, I'm giving up on you

And I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you

And anywhere I would've followed you (Oh-oh-oh-oh)

Say something, I'm giving up on you

Say something...

The song’s finished but something’s still there. Like the lingering smell after it rains. Or it could just be Beca’s perfume. Wait, when did she sit beside me. I keep my eyes down, I can’t bear looking at her right now.