The Townley's

It took me a couple tries, but I was finally able to navigate the power grid to Lawrence's house.

"Oh god," came a startled voice once I popped in through an outlet. I turned to see Lawrence's younger sister clutching her chest in surprise.

"Evening Emily," I replied with smile.

"Evening," she responded, "Where exactly did you come from?"

"The power lines," I shrugged indifferently.

"I didn't know you could-" she started but I cut her off.

"Neither did I," I smiled, "What, do you think I walk everywhere just for the fun of it?"

"No," she smiled, "Johanna Dunston hates walking," Despite me wearing my suit, she addresses me by my real name. Emily is the only non super that knows my secret identity, "So why are you here? My brother isn't even home yet."

"Oh, he's on his way. I just finally figured out a way to beat him here," I said while plopping down on their couch and flipping on the TV. The Townleys live in a penthouse. Both their parents are CEOs of really successful companies, so they can afford such luxuries. However, because of their jobs, they often work insane hours and the Townley kids are often left to their own devices. Needless to say, Lawrence's parents are blissfully unaware of his alter ego.

I mindlessly started channel surfing after raiding their fridge. When I came across the News station, I ceased my mindless button pressing.

"Breaking News," the reporter says, "Local villain Lightning Pulse has just attacked Jefferson High. Interrupting a Jefferson vs. Oakley basketball game, Lightning Pulse took Jefferson's point guard, Alec Fremont hostage. She demanded everyone in the audience give up their money in exchange for the boy. Local hero Torch, was able to show up on scene and get the boy back to his family before Lightning Pulse could collect everyone's money. However, our hero was unable to catch the villain before she disappeared. Here's an eyewitness account."

The view switches to a dark haired boy who I know to be Isaac Kingston, "So Isaac," the reporter asks, "What happened tonight?"

"Well, Jefferson was up 32 to 24 and then, all of a sudden, the lights started to flicker. They'd go on and off at random and sometimes leave us staring into pitch black. Then all of a sudden Lightning Pulse was in the middle of the floor. When the lights went off again, we heard a voice yelling in surprise. When the lights flickered back on, we could see it was Alec. Lightning Pulse demanded that we give her our money in exchange for Al's freedom..."

"Demanded?" I spoke to the TV, "I thought I asked rather nicely," by now, Emily had come to sit in one of the armchairs, enraptured by the story.

"No one wanted to move at first, but when she threatened again, some started to obey. Soon everyone was lining up to hand over their cash. That was right around when Torch showed up. He told her to release Alec, but all she did was shove him out of the way. Then the only thing lighting up the gym was lightning and fire. It was a pretty cool fight to be honest. Then LP grabbed onto a power outlet and completely disappeared."

"Disappeared?" the reporter asked, "Do you think she developed teleportation?"

"No," said Isaac, "I think she figured out a way to travel through circuits. It was wicked cool. So then she showed up on the other side of the room and grabbed Alec again. She used him as a human shield to grab the money and make her escape. Torch said he couldn't catch her before she zoomed into the power lines."

"Thank you Isaac," the screen turned back to face the reporter head on, "There have been no injuries or fatalities, but the gymnasium is sporting a few battle scars. We will inform you as updates arrive."

I ripped off my mask and leaned forward, elbows resting on my knees and head in my hands. I heard the elevator ding as Lawrence stepped in. He came to sit next to me and the cushions dipped down, making me slip down next to him. I slid back to my previous resting spot, avoiding eye contact at all costs.

"So how much we got?" he asked rubbing his hands together.

I shrugged, "Haven't counted yet," I sat up slightly and snatched the bag off the floor. Clearing off the glass coffee table, I revealed the contents.

"Whoa," he breathed as his eyes landed on the mountain of green paper.

"Let's get counting," I said rubbing my own hands together, "Let's make stacks of twenty."

"Sounds good," he responded.

We counted a total of $462.

"Not bad," he grinned as he grabbed $231, handing me the rest.

"Would've been better if you hadn't shown up," I said though a smug smile.

"Ah," he grinned back at me, "But where would you be if I hadn't?"

"Still walking over here," Emily inputted from her chair and I scowled at her. My facade broke and we laughed.

Once we'd calmed down again, Lawrence sighed and announced, "I'm going to go take a shower. Goodnight ladies."

"Night," we responded simultaneously.

Once we were alone, Emily spoke up, "You like him."

"What are you talking about?" I asked indifferently but internally I was panicking.

"Don't worry," she smirked and winked at me, "He likes you, too."

I squinted at her but she refused to meet my eye again.

You're a mind reader, aren't you.

"Yup," she said, popping the 'p', "But don't tell Lawrence, he might freak out."

I groaned and stood up, stuffing the money into my pocket.

I'm leaving. Stay out of my head.

I can't help that you're screaming your thoughts through a metaphorical megaphone.

"Ah!" I jumped and pointed at her. I was definitely flustered now, "Never do that again."

She only smiled smugly and stared at the TV, "Bye, Johanna."

I narrowed my eyes at her but she was unfazed, "Bye."

With that, I stuck my fingers in a power outlet and zoomed into the world of electrons.

^

^

^

^

Hey readers! Hope you're still liking this story. Sorry if this chapter was a little boring, but we definitely got some reveals. Lawrence and Johanna? Who's excited? Anyway, if you're enjoying this story, click the little star and keep on the lookout for future updates. Thanks for reading!