A Super Showdown

Daniel and I popped out into the warehouse and he immediately collapsed to his knees. Without looking up, I knew Gold was already there. I pushed Daniel over and his shoulder hit the cement floor. He groaned.

He was breathing hard, which probably made him look like he was terrified of me, though he was only terrified of the ride here. Somehow, he managed to wiggle into a sitting position against the wall.

"Good, you're here early," I grinned and looked up. Gold had his arms crossed over his chest and an impatient expression on his face.

"Wouldn't want to keep you waiting," he replied with his own grin, "You seemed pretty eager," he winked.

"Mm, did I now?" I laughed seductively and began to walk around him.

He watched me curiously as I circled him.

"You should've learned your lesson about taking hostages by now," he smirked.

"Should I have?" I asked. I was curious by what he meant, but I didn't let that show. Instead I just started laughing darkly.

"Why are you a hero Goldie Locks?" I asked as I circled him again, "You're already well on your way to becoming a villain," I pointed out, "Kidnapping, threats, picking fights, and conspiring with Blood Lust," I stood behind him now, placing a gentle hand on his shoulder as I stood on my toes to whisper in his ear, "Why don't you just come out in the open? Be who you are inside? What's stopping you?"

I smiled as I stepped backwards and began to circle him again. I continued, "You'd make a great villain, you know. It's a lot easier than being a hero. You don't have to follow rules and you don't have to care about what people think. It's really freeing, and the pay's not that bad either," I grinned and winked at him.

He started to chuckle, a low, rumbling sound deep in his chest, "Everything really is about money these days," he rolled his neck and shoulders.

It was curious, how he was so confident in his odds that he didn't feel it necessary to keep his eyes on me. He actually seemed pretty relaxed.

"Not that I care," he started with a feral grin, "But why are you a villain? You're well on your way to becoming a hero," he turned my own words around on me, "You've never killed anyone. In fact, you've never even hurt anyone who wasn't a super. You've befriended a hero, you've aided in the recovery of a certain super, and you're participating in a rescue mission," he chuckled and finally turned to watch me as I walked, "Maybe you should consider making a switch. Being a hero let's you bask in glory. People build statues in your honor. You get the satisfaction of saving lives." He said with a confident grin and wild eyes.

"Let's add stalker to that list," I shot him a lopsided grin.

He chuckled and cracked his knuckles, "To answer your question," his grin grew wider, "I'm a hero because you're a villain," his words surprised me, but I held a steady face, "Even though we both know that's not what we truly are."

"I'm flattered," I smiled and placed a hand on my heart. I looked at my watch and my smile grew, "But it looks like it's time to get this party started."

The lights fluttered and in the flickering light, I saw Gold lunge for me. I side stepped last minute and he rolled across the floor, landing in a crouch. He growled and spun around, moving to fly at me again. I cut the lights again and moved on silent feet.

"Come on you coward," he snarled into the blackness, "Quit running and fight me!"

"If you insist," I whispered in his ear. He spun around but I was gone before he could hit me.

My laugh echoed around in the darkness and I used my power to send lightning down from the lights in the ceiling.

He jumped around, desperately trying to dodge the lethal light.

I redirected the streaks towards me, and each time they made contact with my skin, I felt an increasing surge of power within me.

All at once, the lightning stopped and we were plunged into darkness once more. The electrons shifted in the air, and I could feel the hairs on my arm raise.

I was already aware of where Daniel was. Unable to contain the power within me, I projected it all outward, creating a shield around Blue, and a blinding white light everywhere else.

Lightning exploded from all sides of me, dancing and crackling wildly. The walls began to smoke and splinter, glass shattered and rained down to the ground. I doubted they could see me anymore, all I was was a blinding ball of white light.

All at once, I stopped my attack and fell to my knees. My head was spinning and the room was dark. With a snap if my fingers, the lights turned back on, illuminating the crumbled body of Gold and the wide eyes of Daniel. My hands rested on the cement floor and my lungs struggled to draw in breath.

I fell into a coughing fit and one arm came up to clutch my chest. I fell to my side and rolled onto my back. Sprawled out, and staring at the ceiling, I heard Daniel's panicked voice call out, "Johanna!"

I lifted a shaky hand up to the ceiling and a small, almost gentle strand of electricity came down to meet my finger tips. It slowly brought the energy back into me, and eventually, I stumbled to my feet.

I made my way to the Golden Bullet and looked down at his motionless body. Black veins crept up around his back and neck, hugging his jawline. I remembered reading about something like that happening to lightning strike victims, but to see it in person was rather terrifying. I lowered down onto one knee and felt for a pulse.

"What the hell," I said aloud, "Is this dude a cockroach? That should've killed anyone!"

I checked again and there was in fact a weak thrum playing against my finger tips.

"Untie me," Daniel said. I looked over to see he had fallen from his perch against the wall and was leaning up on his shoulder. The tape around his mouth had fallen away. I jogged over to him and was about to set him free when a voice sounded behind me.

"I have to say I'm impressed." I spun around to see Blood Lust standing over the crumpled form of Gold, "You won against my strongest man."

He bent down and placed two fingers over the boy's heart. There was a gurgling, choking sound that came from the body before it erupted into a violent coughing fit.

Blood grabbed Gold's hand and pulled him to his feet. Then they both turned back to me, "Lightning Pulse I presume?"

I only glared at him in response. It's a good thing Daniel was supposed to be my hostage, because Blood paid little attention to him.

Blood cleared his throat and gestured to the boy, "I'd like to introduce you to my youngest son," his eyes flitted down to Daniel and he smiled, "Isn't it nice, Blue? The kids finally meeting?"

I raised a brow and looked down at Daniel. He wouldn't meet my eye. All he could do was continue staring at Blood.

"Oh," Blood's smile grew and excitement bloomed in his voice upon realization, "You haven't told her."

^

^

^

^

Hey people! How did you like this battle scene? This is the third chapter I've written today! Don't forget to vote and comment! Tell me what you thought. Thanks! Happy reading!